Waiting for news on ...

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:19 pm

It looked like a horse went wrong and was pulled up at the back of the field in the 7th at Santa Anita. :(
It may have been Tribal Fighter, but of course that TVG ignoramus Schtupp had nothing to say about a possible breakdown. :roll:

ETA: Damn, it was Tribal Fighter. From Steve Anderson:
Santa Anita: Colonist wins in last stride
Colonist prevailed by a nose in Thursday's seventh race, an allowance race with a $62,500 claiming option, to deny an unlucky Anatolian Heat, who looked like a winner in the final furlong.
Sent off favored, Colonist ($6) ran a mile on turf 1:35.64, his first victory in six starts since an optional claimer last April. Colonist was fourth in the Grade 2 Del Mar Derby last September and fourth in the Grade 2 Mathis Brothers Mile in his two previous starts on turf. Flavien Prat rode Colonist.
The race was marred by an injury to Tribal Fighter after the wire. Tribal Fighter, the 4-1 third choice of eight, suffered an injury to his left foreleg and was vanned off.

http://live.drf.com/

I really hope Nakatani was able to get him stopped fast enough to keep the injury from being fatal. :(
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9169
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby serenassong » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:28 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:It looked like a horse went wrong and was pulled up at the back of the field in the 7th at Santa Anita. :(
It may have been Tribal Fighter, but of course that TVG ignoramus Schtupp had nothing to say about a possible breakdown. :roll:

ETA: Damn, it was Tribal Fighter. From Steve Anderson:
Santa Anita: Colonist wins in last stride
Colonist prevailed by a nose in Thursday's seventh race, an allowance race with a $62,500 claiming option, to deny an unlucky Anatolian Heat, who looked like a winner in the final furlong.
Sent off favored, Colonist ($6) ran a mile on turf 1:35.64, his first victory in six starts since an optional claimer last April. Colonist was fourth in the Grade 2 Del Mar Derby last September and fourth in the Grade 2 Mathis Brothers Mile in his two previous starts on turf. Flavien Prat rode Colonist.
The race was marred by an injury to Tribal Fighter after the wire. Tribal Fighter, the 4-1 third choice of eight, suffered an injury to his left foreleg and was vanned off.

http://live.drf.com/

I really hope Nakatani was able to get him stopped fast enough to keep the injury from being fatal. :(


Not appearing on the CHRB vet list database- Im thinking this one is gone, unfornately
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Looked like a very bad breakdown in the Hal's Hope at Gulfstream as the Big Brown colt, Send It In, went down near the end of the backstretch. :(
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9169
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Sparrow Castle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:11 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Looked like a very bad breakdown in the Hal's Hope at Gulfstream as the Big Brown colt, Send It In, went down near the end of the backstretch. :(

Twitter folks are talking about him in the past tense.

Matt Dinerman Verified account @3coltshandicap
12m12 minutes ago
Very happy to hear John Velazquez is OK after that scary accident in The Hal’s Hope. Send It In was one of the coolest New York breds in the game today. Condolences to the connections. :(

Andy Serling @andyserling
14m14 minutes ago
As thrilled as I am to see one of my favorites Economic Model win the Hal's Hope, it's impossible not to be many times sadder about Send It In.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 4615
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby lurkey mclurker » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:18 pm

Barbara Livingston @DRFLivingston
28s 28 seconds ago

Very saddened to hear of SEND IT IN being fatally injured in today's Hal's Hope. The 6yo NY-bred son of Big Brown, a homebred for Paul Pompa, Jr., won 9 of 18 races, with 3 seconds and 3 thirds. SEND IT IN earned just over $500K.

Image
lurkey mclurker
 
Posts: 2058
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Catalina » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:18 pm

RIP, Send It In.
Catalina
 
Posts: 3132
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Silverado Mist was pulled up early in the 8th at Santa Anita, a 1-mile $40,000 maiden claiming on the turf. She was still on her feet the last glimpse I had; TVG said Edwin had dismounted her near the outside rail. I really hope he was able to get her stopped before severe injury. :(
Update from TVG is that she loaded on the horse ambulance under her own power. Now I guess we wait to see what the exams back at her barn show.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9169
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:20 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Silverado Mist was pulled up early in the 8th at Santa Anita, a 1-mile $40,000 maiden claiming on the turf. She was still on her feet the last glimpse I had; TVG said Edwin had dismounted her near the outside rail. I really hope he was able to get her stopped before severe injury. :(
Update from TVG is that she loaded on the horse ambulance under her own power. Now I guess we wait to see what the exams back at her barn show.

Jeremy Balan Verified account @BH_JBalan
33s34 seconds ago
Silverado Mist has been euthanized, according to her connections. Fractured both sesamoids in right front.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
 
Posts: 4615
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Two horses went wrong in the 3rd at Aqueduct, a 7 furlong $12,000 Claiming. Shuffle Up was pulled up on the back stretch, while A Fleet Attitude was described as having 'broken down' just past the wire after finishing third. Both horses were vanned off, but I fear the worst for AFA. :(
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 9169
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: Waiting for news on ...

Postby WarBiscuit » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:10 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Two horses went wrong in the 3rd at Aqueduct, a 7 furlong $12,000 Claiming. Shuffle Up was pulled up on the back stretch, while A Fleet Attitude was described as having 'broken down' just past the wire after finishing third. Both horses were vanned off, but I fear the worst for AFA. :(


Sounds like Shuffle Up might be OK. Sadly, A Fleet Attitude was euthanized on the track. RIP AFA.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
WarBiscuit
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

PreviousNext

Return to Whatever Happened To?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests