When it rains it pours

ElPrado2

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:50 pm

Friday, my nephew suffered a similar injury to Espinoza.
He was riding an ATV. Managed to wreck it. ATV is totalled.
Nephew, Corey, broke vertabra in neck. My brother Jim is in fits over it. The injury is similar to Espinoza's, there is still movement but there is numbness in his neck, shoulders and arms. He will stay in Va until swelling is down, then be transported to Tampa for surgery or whatever. Tampa has one of the top neuro teams in the country.
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:46 am

I hope your nephew heals completely, EP2.
Della

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:50 am

I hope your nephew is doing OK and making progress. Please keep us posted.
ElPrado2

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:59 pm

Corey is back in Tampa. Surgery is likely, he still has numbness in arms and shoulders. He does have movement.
Don't think this brat is a kid. He's close to 30. Just never forced to grow up. His mommy's daddy is a millionaire. Mommy is off playing in Italy. That side of the family doesn't want to know me. I make my living around deep, dark pool rooms with "scruffs" --- her words.
I play against the people that were on TV a few years back. Beat them, too.
ElPrado2

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Freaking dumb louts.
I am furious. I going to wind up in Tampa General Hospital again. Dr A is a cardiologist. I have water build up in my ankles. Well, he'll fix that! Among other things, but he knows how to fix that... shove water pills down my throat. Don't look in my records too far, he might find out too much.
Send me home. Don't tell Neurology I've wandered through. It's not like they won't be told eventually. But right now Dr A would like to keep it a secret. This way he can pat himself on the back for fixing something.
Send me home with a handful of scrips all proud of himself.
So of course, my dilantin decided to go make Tampa Bay seizure free via a tortuous route through the Tampa sewer plant. Doesn't do me much good, but no flounders will have a seizure tonight.
And don't tell me it can't happen that way.
It already did exactly that once.
ElPrado2

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Good news. No seizure. However, I managed to spot which pill wasn't going to work quite like the Dr thought it would, called Dr B, and got told not to take it. I swear, when you know more than your illustrious cardiologist, you can make a good living with a flatfish fishing business.
Catalina

Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:19 pm

ElPrado2 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:21 pm
Good news. No seizure. However, I managed to spot which pill wasn't going to work quite like the Dr thought it would, called Dr B, and got told not to take it. I swear, when you know more than your illustrious cardiologist, you can make a good living with a flatfish fishing business.
Frustrating.
ElPrado2

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:20 am

First, the good news. 🤗 My nephew Corey has had fairly minor surgery and relieved the pressure on his spinal cord that was causing the pinched nerve in his neck. Got told to act his age and quit playing with the kids and stay off of toys that run into trees. No telling if he will listen. He was pouting when he told me about it.
Now me. After yet another meeting with nitwit Dr, I do have to take some pill to relieve puffy ankles. If this keeps up I won't need a big bag to lug around filled with pills, I will need a pack mule. I'm up to 14 varieties of peach, orange, yellow and white pills a day. Well, 6 of them are cutely colored capsules. They fought it out and now I take pills to stop pills. 🙄 It stopped making sense some time ago. The main thing all of them do is keep me wandering around half high.🙃 Don't drive anymore. The cops would think I was drunk. Well, then I could tell them talk to the Dr. He could then prescribe them some pills.🤗
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:41 pm

:shock: So sorry...but at least no leaches so far? :P
Well, I just hope all your doctors are talking to each other, so you don't end up with some harmful combo.
ElPrado2

Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Oh, I can get the brain bunch with a finger snap. Neurology must have gone to war. I have some little Indian doctorette just quivering at the thought of opening my skull.
I was having a picnic lunch at a city beach park with my daughter one Friday afternoon. 17 Drs and students from University of South Florida Neurogy bunch... including the head head Dr, showed up unasked. Boss lady looked around, spotted me, and led the whole crew straight to my picnic table.
I don't have cancer or anything like that. I have a scar from a rough birth. My mother was in labor 5 days. The military hospital finally had to turn me 3 times with tongs to untangle the cord. Until I went grey all over I had a silver streak over my right temple from the scar that happened from that. Didn't bother me IQ wise. I was offered a full 4 year scholarship to Yale University after they gave me an IQ test. Including housing with a Prof and his family. Dad was USAF and had just got orders to move to Okinawa. I was 9 years old. I went to Okinawa.
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Oh dang...maybe you missed the happy opportunity to be at Yale with Brett Kavanagh and the rest of his beer-lovin' cohorts. :P
I'd have chosen Okinawa. ;)
ElPrado2

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:18 am

😀
Oh, I found lots of interesting things to do. I got to find an unexploded hand grenade with no pin in it, and it exploded when the military took it out to the ocean spot they used as a live ammunitions disposal area... got trapped in the building when Communists demonstrated (several thousand) at the only place there were civilian TV and radio stations...almost swam into the side of a 17 foot long shark while trying out a new set of swim fins, I was a bit too far out and it was just hanging out alongside the reef... had a ride in a DUKW one Armed Forces Day... saw the original Teahouse of the August Moon, the real thing, not the play...fun place, really.