Winter Olympics watch

Re: Winter Olympics watch

Postby Starine » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:19 pm

Loved watching replays of the women's cross country skiing with Diggins and Randall. What an exciting finish!
Starine

Postby Ballerina » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:33 am

What a nail biting game USA vs Canada - Women's Hockey. Came down to a shoot out after overtime period. USA prevailed. Canada not happy that game was decided by a shoot out - they would have preferred another overtime period. I guess they would have been OK with the shoot out had they won. Kudos to both teams - they fought hard, and t was close.
Ballerina

Postby PJMIII » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:08 am

Ballerina wrote:What a nail biting game USA vs Canada - Women's Hockey. Came down to a shoot out after overtime period. USA prevailed. Canada not happy that game was decided by a shoot out - they would have preferred another overtime period. I guess they would have been OK with the shoot out had they won. Kudos to both teams - they fought hard, and t was close.

Great game. Good to see the USA bring home the gold.
PJMIII

Postby lurkey mclurker » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:55 pm

Canada has both won & lost vs the USA in shootouts (most recently at the junior worlds) - it's more that when both teams play so hard and so well, it seems wrong to end it with a shootout when in other contests (like the Stanley Cup) they simply play sudden-death OT after OT until somebody scores.

There's pros and cons for each, but a shootout loss always seems that little bit worse (especially for goaltenders who have been otherwise stellar). Last night's game was like that.

I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that team USA's goaltender, Maddie Rooney, was literally an infant the last time the US women's hockey team won gold. :lol:
lurkey mclurker

Postby stark » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:17 pm

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:13 pm

I enjoyed the closing ceremonies, but I have to wonder how much lip-syncing was going on by those Korean pop stars. I'm pretty sure the woman (Ciel?) was; sometimes we were hearing vocals, but she wasn't even trying to bring her mic to her mouth.
Not sure about the boys of EXO, but I wouldn't be shocked if the organizers wanted to make sure that the guys' vocals were satisfactory for the Big Show. Singing in those low temps might not be wonderful for the vocal cords. ;)
BaroqueAgain1

Postby lurkey mclurker » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:18 am

I didn't get to watch but I was mostly just happy that Evgenia Medvedeva got to meet EXO since she fangirls them so much. :lol:
lurkey mclurker

Previous

Return to Horsin' Around