Dog question

Dog question

Postby TapitsGal » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:56 am

My three year old lab mix has gone from being perfectly fine yesterday to throwing up in my room at least six times overnight...she’s still eating but not much which isn’t a big deal as she normally doesn’t finish her food. I made rice mixed with chicken broth for her and she ate some of that and threw that up...is there anything I can give her that’s easier on her stomach than that?
TapitsGal

Re: Dog question

Postby Ballerina » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:45 am

For goodness sake, get her to the vet. She just may have a blockage.
Ballerina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:13 pm

I'll second that. A dog who seemed "perfectly fine" to suddenly start vomiting like that may have something seriously wrong with it.
She could have a blockage, or may have swallowed something hazardous. Or any number of problems.
TAKE HER TO THE VET. NOW. :(
With all due respect, why are you taking up valuable time writing posts on this site? You should be asking these questions of YOUR VET.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Honeymoon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:45 am

Six times throwing up in one night is far to much to ignore and not to see the vet.

They are severals of reasons why this happenend. A blockade, eating something bad...

You should go to the vet very quick.

If you want to feed her food for a sensitiv stomach:

-cook potatoes and carrots and smash them together with a bit salt... only a little bit!

-cook rolled oats with water and a bit of salt.

You can add some selfmade chickenbroth if you like.

Rice is not suitable for dogs and I have no idea why vets always give this advice. Rice dehydrates the body and stick in the intestine of the dog.
Honeymoon

Postby War Admiral » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 am

Take her to the vet ASAP. If she's thrown up that many times she's probably dehydrated as well.
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.
War Admiral

Postby serenassong » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:52 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I'll second that. A dog who seemed "perfectly fine" to suddenly start vomiting like that may have something seriously wrong with it.
She could have a blockage, or may have swallowed something hazardous. Or any number of problems.
TAKE HER TO THE VET. NOW. :(
With all due respect, why are you taking up valuable time writing posts on this site? You should be asking these questions of YOUR VET.

Yes- and please dont think I'm being too harsh but-

If you have to question something like this in an animal that is obviously needs IMMEDIATE medical attention, perhaps you can do some research and ask questions of the vet before you get an animal? Ask yourself- if someone in my home is displaying symptoms that needs to go to the ER- an animal is the same.

I hope it works out for you and pup
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Ballerina » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:42 pm

I doubt we'll hear back from TG about this. It's SOP for her.
Ballerina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:39 pm

I doubt we'll hear back from TG about this. It's SOP for her.

I thought I was being harsh... :shock:
I hope that the pup has been to the vet by now, and that we will get an update from TG.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Somnambulist » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:51 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I doubt we'll hear back from TG about this. It's SOP for her.

I thought I was being harsh... :shock:
I hope that the pup has been to the vet by now, and that we will get an update from TG.

Ballerina isn't wrong.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby TapitsGal » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Good news is my younger dog is much better today... bad news is my older dog seems to have caught the bug the younger dog had. But both are licking their food dishes clean and drinking and still their normal selves
TapitsGal

Next

Return to Horsin' Around