Super Bowl - 2017

Somnambulist

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:25 pm

Sigh. Can we please go to college ball OT.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Sparrow Castle

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:28 pm

Somnambulist wrote:Sigh. Can we please go to college ball OT.
I agree! So gross.
Tessablue

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:28 pm

Welp, I'm dead.
Somnambulist

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:29 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
I agree! So gross.
I'm no Pats fan. The game was great, but seeing a full post game quater would have been better.

Oh well. At least I have off tomorrow.
War Admiral

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:34 pm

War Admiral wrote:Great game so far for us Falcons fans. :D
What a way to completely fall apart in the second half. :cry:
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.
Tessablue

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:35 pm

I won't deny that it would have been more satisfying, but man, that sure seemed inevitable after how that last quarter went. But I dunno I'm not sure what reality is anymore because I died like forty five minutes ago.

Sorry for the Falcons, nothing against them, they're a great team and they brought it today. They'll be back soon.
Sparrow Castle

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:37 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:
I agree! So gross.
I'm no Pats fan. The game was great, but seeing a full post game quater would have been better.

Oh well. At least I have off tomorrow.
Shouldn't be so biased in favor of the winner of the coin toss. Unfair and anti-climatic.
Have fun tomorrow.
Somnambulist

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:41 pm

Day 5 of a funeral for me. Only benefit is being not having a 6:23 train.

The older I get the more I enjoy college ball. My dad is right - it's a more pure game, even if the games are 17 hours long :D
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:51 pm

There's a saying in boxing when a great fighter suddenly losses his edge that 'he got old in the ring.' The years, maybe unexpectedly, catch up right in the middle of a fight.
I thought I was seeing that happen to Tom Brady.
And....nope. :lol: He's still the best,
although it looks like Ryan is the future.
Horsebagger

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:02 am

What an epic implosion. three runs and kick a field goal to go up 11 with 5 minutes to go. Instead a sack and a penalty and a punt only up 8, everyone knew what was coming.

Brady is unbelievable but he had that little Tyree angel on his shoulder this time, not against him. Wife is hot too. Lucky guy all around.

At least it wasn't the Cowboys.
peeptoad

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:09 am

Woohoo! Best. Game. Ever. :D
BaroqueAgain1

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:30 am

Did anyone else find this year's commercials to be sort of 'meh?' A few cool ones, but not any real wow or hah hah or aw moments.
And who's bright idea was it at Budweiser to dump the Clydesdales? Baaad idea. :P
PJMIII

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:21 am

What a finish. I felt bad for the Atlanta fans. But New England just doesn't quit.
PJMIII

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:21 am

Super Bowl nothing but a heartache for Falcons

By now, we are running out of room in the catalogue of Atlanta Sports Disasters.

We are writing in the margins at this point, scrawling in a confused and angry hand about the greatest Super Bowl give-back in history, the kind of loss that leaves lasting scars and makes a town sad and cynical for a very long time.

http://www.myajc.com/sports/football/su ... I6xWscizI/

----------

Patriots pull off biggest rally in Super Bowl history to win fifth title

Forget the redemption tour. Forget the revenge. Forget the vitriol against the NFL and its commissioner.

Tom Brady and the Patriots rewrote the history books and the storylines last night with their epic, 34-28 victory against the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI. The Pats trailed 28-3 midway through the third quarter before ripping off the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history. Prior to this, the Pats’ 10-point comeback two years ago against the Seattle Seahawks had set the bar.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patr ... ifth_title

----------
Somnambulist

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:05 am

PJMIII wrote:What a finish. I felt bad for the Atlanta fans. But New England just doesn't quit.
ATL finally remembered they were in the post season. It's pretty crazy how everyone thought NE was done done.. can you ever really count out Tom Brady and Belichek?

Crazy game. Arguably one of the best from at this point a very storied franchise. Hard to believe Brady is 39 - doesn't really look tired. Probably another good 3-5 years left in him to set more records. I can't imagine we see anything like this again.

Plus Lady GaGa was great. When is she ever not? I can't wait for 2/13 to fork all my money over for tickets.
Tessablue

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:16 pm

The most incredible thing about being a fan through all of this is that even down 25 points, you never feel like the game is over. No matter the situation, it always feel like there's hope when that fourth quarter starts. I am doing everything I can to avoid taking it for granted.

And I'm just so happy that Brady won this one for his mother. He is, almost impossibly, by all accounts a genuinely nice person (I've never been able to meet him directly, but my friend has twice), and he's brought an indescribable amount of joy to my friends and family during some difficult times. I do feel bad for Atlanta though, there's really nothing to dislike about the team and they played hard. I'll be rooting for them to make it back next year.

GaGa was awesome, wish I'd been able to enjoy her performance more but she lived up to expectations and then some.