Super Bowl - 2017

Re: Super Bowl - 2017

Postby peeptoad » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:09 am

Woohoo! Best. Game. Ever. :D
peeptoad

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:30 am

Did anyone else find this year's commercials to be sort of 'meh?' A few cool ones, but not any real wow or hah hah or aw moments.
And who's bright idea was it at Budweiser to dump the Clydesdales? Baaad idea. :P
BaroqueAgain1

Postby PJMIII » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:21 am

What a finish. I felt bad for the Atlanta fans. But New England just doesn't quit.
PJMIII

Postby PJMIII » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:21 am

Super Bowl nothing but a heartache for Falcons

By now, we are running out of room in the catalogue of Atlanta Sports Disasters.

We are writing in the margins at this point, scrawling in a confused and angry hand about the greatest Super Bowl give-back in history, the kind of loss that leaves lasting scars and makes a town sad and cynical for a very long time.

http://www.myajc.com/sports/football/su ... I6xWscizI/

----------

Patriots pull off biggest rally in Super Bowl history to win fifth title

Forget the redemption tour. Forget the revenge. Forget the vitriol against the NFL and its commissioner.

Tom Brady and the Patriots rewrote the history books and the storylines last night with their epic, 34-28 victory against the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI. The Pats trailed 28-3 midway through the third quarter before ripping off the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history. Prior to this, the Pats’ 10-point comeback two years ago against the Seattle Seahawks had set the bar.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/patr ... ifth_title

----------
PJMIII

Postby Somnambulist » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:05 am

PJMIII wrote:What a finish. I felt bad for the Atlanta fans. But New England just doesn't quit.

ATL finally remembered they were in the post season. It's pretty crazy how everyone thought NE was done done.. can you ever really count out Tom Brady and Belichek?

Crazy game. Arguably one of the best from at this point a very storied franchise. Hard to believe Brady is 39 - doesn't really look tired. Probably another good 3-5 years left in him to set more records. I can't imagine we see anything like this again.

Plus Lady GaGa was great. When is she ever not? I can't wait for 2/13 to fork all my money over for tickets.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Tessablue » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:16 pm

The most incredible thing about being a fan through all of this is that even down 25 points, you never feel like the game is over. No matter the situation, it always feel like there's hope when that fourth quarter starts. I am doing everything I can to avoid taking it for granted.

And I'm just so happy that Brady won this one for his mother. He is, almost impossibly, by all accounts a genuinely nice person (I've never been able to meet him directly, but my friend has twice), and he's brought an indescribable amount of joy to my friends and family during some difficult times. I do feel bad for Atlanta though, there's really nothing to dislike about the team and they played hard. I'll be rooting for them to make it back next year.

GaGa was awesome, wish I'd been able to enjoy her performance more but she lived up to expectations and then some.
Tessablue

Previous

Return to Horsin' Around