Pro Golf - 2017

Re: Pro Golf - 2017

Postby PJMIII » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:04 am

Sergio Garcia conquers all at the Masters

You might think golf fans show up at a tournament waiting for the 20-car pileup, waiting to feel better about their own swings, maybe their own lives, when some tormented soul relives Greg Norman's worst nightmare on the back nine. But the Masters has always been about the career-making recovery, not the heartbreaking crash, which is why Sergio Garcia felt like he was playing his home course near the east coast of Spain.

http://www.espn.com/golf/masters17/stor ... fell-swoop

-----
PJMIII

Postby Senator L » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:47 pm

I don't know how, but this tournament keeps getting better and better ;)
No one has ever bet enough on a winning horse.
Richard Sasuly
Senator L

Postby PJMIII » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:49 am

Senator L wrote:I don't know how, but this tournament keeps getting better and better ;)

What an awesome hole the 12th hole is. The greatest players in the world struggle with it.
PJMIII

Postby PJMIII » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:41 am

Tiger Woods has surgery to alleviate pain in his back, leg

Tiger Woods had lower right back fusion surgery Wednesday in hopes of alleviating the ongoing pain that has plagued him in recent years, effectively ending his 2017 golf season.

The 14-time major champion announced the surgery on his website Thursday.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/192 ... viate-pain
PJMIII

Postby stark » Mon May 29, 2017 2:04 pm

Tiger Woods was arrested on Monday in Florida on a charge of driving under the influence, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.
The 41-year-old golfer was arrested around 3am on Military Trail, south of Indian Creek Parkway in Jupiter.
Arrest information shows Woods was booked into jail at 7:18am and then released on his own recognizance at 10:50am.
He faces a charge of driving under the influence of either alcohol or drugs. Police have yet to specify which, if not both. Florida's legal limit for blood alcohol is .08.
Woods lives in the elite enclave of Jupiter Island, but was driving southbound, away from his home at the time.
TMZ reports that Woods was driving a 2015 Mercedes. Cops originally planned to tow the vehicle before a friend of Woods retrieved it.
This is the second time that Woods has been caught driving under the influence.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Senator L » Tue May 30, 2017 9:46 pm

With all that money he should have called a limo - Should be charged with being stupid
Richard Sasuly
Senator L

Postby stark » Tue May 30, 2017 10:44 pm

Senator L wrote:With all that money he should have called a limo - Should be charged with being stupid

The official word from the Tiger camp is due out tomorrow, but I think it'll revolve around this.....

"Sleep driving" is defined by the FDA as "driving while not fully awake after ingestion of a sedative-hypnotic product, with no memory of the event". Ambien and other popular sleeping medications like Lunesta are sedative-hypnotic products that can cause this condition.
Sleep driving while under the influence of Ambien or Lunesta occurs after you take the medication, go to sleep, unknowingly wake up (and start sleep-walking) and then drive a car. It's a growing danger, as hundreds of people continue to suffer from DUI/DWI Ambien arrests.
Even though sleep driving has become a recognized phenomenon, and akin to sleep-walking, it is nevertheless illegal. If you use Ambien, Lunesta or any other "sedative-hypnotic" medication and then drive, you face conviction for a state Driving Under the Influence/Driving While Intoxicated of drugs.
stark

Postby PJMIII » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:09 am

Athlete roots run deep for new U.S. Open champ Brooks Koepka

Bob Koepka was crying on the phone, and why the hell not? He was an old college pitcher out of West Virginia Wesleyan, and he had just watched his son throw a perfect game at the U.S. Open.

http://www.espn.com/golf/usopen17/story ... oks-koepka
PJMIII

Postby Senator L » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:22 am

It is going to be hard to top last years championship (Stenson v.s. Mickelson) but they'll try. :D
Took a bunch of bombers my biggest being Tom Lehman @600-1 who is a past winner and having
a good year on the seniors tour. Links golf seems to favor experience and patience. Also took Kyle Stanley @150-1
Dustin Johnson leader after 1st round @ 26-1 and Phil to win at 35-1 good luck
Richard Sasuly
Senator L

Postby stark » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:43 pm

Senator L wrote:It is going to be hard to top last years championship (Stenson v.s. Mickelson) but they'll try. :D
Took a bunch of bombers my biggest being Tom Lehman @600-1 who is a past winner and having
a good year on the seniors tour. Links golf seems to favor experience and patience. Also took Kyle Stanley @150-1
Dustin Johnson leader after 1st round @ 26-1 and Phil to win at 35-1 good luck

Pretty damn amazing!
stark

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around