The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Le Beau Bai » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:19 am

Somnambulist wrote:Why take a perfectly clean and crisp product and turn it into this ugly thing. I'm really unhappy with it.

I have no idea! It took forever to download and update the system and now I really wish I hadn't bothered...
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
Le Beau Bai

Postby Catalina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 am

ElPrado2 wrote:The dog is not so bad.
I have a cat that is trying to teach himself to use the toilet. I am not encouraging this, mind you. He has been known to miss. Then he complains about it until I clean up after him. Clorox Clean Up does work fairly well. And I have a free supply of sterile gloves from my mothers hospice. It is just a pain in the patootie.

"Nature's Miracle Just for Cats" (available from Petsmart and the like) is pretty good also. It's an enzymatic cleaner.

My older cat also loudly notifies me when she has missed or had an "accident" on the way to the pan.
Catalina

Postby serenassong » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:48 am

Catalina wrote:
ElPrado2 wrote:The dog is not so bad.
I have a cat that is trying to teach himself to use the toilet. I am not encouraging this, mind you. He has been known to miss. Then he complains about it until I clean up after him. Clorox Clean Up does work fairly well. And I have a free supply of sterile gloves from my mothers hospice. It is just a pain in the patootie.

"Nature's Miracle Just for Cats" (available from Petsmart and the like) is pretty good also. It's an enzymatic cleaner.

My older cat also loudly notifies me when she has missed or had an "accident" on the way to the pan.

Well, that is helpful when kitty notifies you. I had one that spewed up three hairballs this morning, nothing can shake you out of bed quicker than that god awful sound.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Catalina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:36 pm

serenassong wrote:
Catalina wrote: My older cat also loudly notifies me when she has missed or had an "accident" on the way to the pan.

Well, that is helpful when kitty notifies you. I had one that spewed up three hairballs this morning, nothing can shake you out of bed quicker than that god awful sound.

I've always wondered whether it was by way of apology, or more like a call for room service.

Don't get me started on hairballs... One of my cats refuses to be touched. And yes, like you, I hop out of bed to clean them up then and there.
Catalina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:36 pm

El Prado, don't give up on your guy...he will get better, and having a cat use the toilet is pretty convenient. Also gives you bragging rights with other cat owners. :D
I had a Siamese who taught himself to pee in the toilet (wish he had also decided to use it for #2). I remember sitting around the living room with friends one evening when the unmistakable sound of a urine stream hitting the water in the john came through the open door of the bathroom. After realizing that all the humans were accounted for, we went to the door of the bathroom..and perched on the edge of the toilet was my little Siamese boy. I shooed away all the surprised (and noisy) people, and then praised him when he was finished. Aside from a few dabs at the seat to "bury" his pee, he did a perfect job.
Used the john in that apartment from then on, until I moved. He never did pick up the habit at other homes, unfortunately. Guess he missed "his" toilet. :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Ballerina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:43 pm

I want to kill my dog, Joey. He simply won't let us cut his toenails. I gave him a couple of squirts of Rescue Remedy and 100 mgs. of Benadryl to zonk him out. Nope! No way. Wrasslin' with a 100 lb. dog when they don't want to do what you want them to do is nigh on impossible. We've tried everything. He simply won't cooperate. A new wrinkle for him. He was fine up until recently.
Ballerina

Postby serenassong » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Ballerina wrote:I want to kill my dog, Joey. He simply won't let us cut his toenails. I gave him a couple of squirts of Rescue Remedy and 100 mgs. of Benadryl to zonk him out. Nope! No way. Wrasslin' with a 100 lb. dog when they don't want to do what you want them to do is nigh on impossible. We've tried everything. He simply won't cooperate. A new wrinkle for him. He was fine up until recently.

Bal, do you use the old type of clippers, or the dremel like tool? I find the second one is much easier on my dog- I taught him to associate it with food- and the minute he sees the box- he starts to drool. I'm sure that you probably already know that, just throwing it out there.
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
serenassong

Postby serenassong » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:08 pm

serenassong wrote:
Ballerina wrote:I want to kill my dog, Joey. He simply won't let us cut his toenails. I gave him a couple of squirts of Rescue Remedy and 100 mgs. of Benadryl to zonk him out. Nope! No way. Wrasslin' with a 100 lb. dog when they don't want to do what you want them to do is nigh on impossible. We've tried everything. He simply won't cooperate. A new wrinkle for him. He was fine up until recently.

Bal, do you use the old type of clippers, or the dremel like tool? I find the second one is much easier on my dog- I taught him to associate it with food- and the minute he sees the box- he starts to drool. I'm sure that you probably already know that, just throwing it out there.

ETA: How about doing like a homemade Thundershirt? If you have a old t-shirt that would be a bit snug on him and "hug" him, it might work.
serenassong

Postby Ballerina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:27 pm

We waited an hour longer for the Benadryl to kick in. It was still a struggle, but we were stronger than he was at that point. We have both clippers and a dremel. Ridgeback nails are hard, thick, and long. You have to clip first and then dremel. The clipping part is what he hates. Later, we'll dremel. He should be alright about that - at least I hope so. Tuffy's no problem. She doesn't like it, but she's smart enough to realize that the job will get done one way or another.

Saturday and Sunday are dogs shows here in Chesapeake. Their breeder is coming in from Kentucky to handle them.
Ballerina

Postby Somnambulist » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Root canal! Yay!
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around