The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Starine » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:24 am

Thanks for writing, SD. I actually have had depression since I was in middle school, although the diagnosis has fluctuated from double depression to Type II Bipolar over the years depending on the doctor. So this is nothing new for me; I'm just having another episode where I slide from dysthymia to major depression.

I do have health insurance, but it's very crappy insurance and I just can't afford the steep copays for therapy appointments.

But thank you to you and others who have reached out in this thread. It means a lot to know that people do care.
Starine

Postby Catalina » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:34 pm

starrydreamer wrote:Remember when I had all that sinus pain from the infected tooth that needed to come out? Well, the antibiotics I was prescribed before got rid of the fever and chills but the sinus pain migrated from my cheekbone up to my brow bone. Now I'm on more antibiotics, mucinex, and 800 mg of Ibuprofen. If I don't take the ibuprofen every 8 hours as prescribed, the pain is almost debilitating. If it's not better by tomorrow, I'm supposed to call and get my treatment plan changed. I'm almost wondering if I need to go in for a CT scan to make sure nothing else is going on - the pain is very localized.

Sounds like the second cousin to the sinus infection from hell that I had a few years ago. My doctor did order a CT scan, which quickly got me whisked to the ENT folks who then finally got a handle on the infection. Hope you get this under control fast!
Catalina

Postby starrydreamer » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Catalina wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:Remember when I had all that sinus pain from the infected tooth that needed to come out? Well, the antibiotics I was prescribed before got rid of the fever and chills but the sinus pain migrated from my cheekbone up to my brow bone. Now I'm on more antibiotics, mucinex, and 800 mg of Ibuprofen. If I don't take the ibuprofen every 8 hours as prescribed, the pain is almost debilitating. If it's not better by tomorrow, I'm supposed to call and get my treatment plan changed. I'm almost wondering if I need to go in for a CT scan to make sure nothing else is going on - the pain is very localized.

Sounds like the second cousin to the sinus infection from hell that I had a few years ago. My doctor did order a CT scan, which quickly got me whisked to the ENT folks who then finally got a handle on the infection. Hope you get this under control fast!

I went and saw an actual doctor today and got both an MRI scheduled and a prescription for imitrex (to see if that will help with pain because I made it clear I was not thrilled with the idea of being on over-the-counter pain meds indefinitely. I can't take any more ibuprofen and so I've been taking Tylenol and that just doesn't work as well). MRI is next week, so I have to manage until then.
starrydreamer

Postby Catalina » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:16 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
Catalina wrote:

I went and saw an actual doctor today and got both an MRI scheduled and a prescription for imitrex (to see if that will help with pain because I made it clear I was not thrilled with the idea of being on over-the-counter pain meds indefinitely. I can't take any more ibuprofen and so I've been taking Tylenol and that just doesn't work as well). MRI is next week, so I have to manage until then.

If it gets worse, do let the doctor know, there's no extra points for being a hero. Good luck!
Catalina

Postby ElPrado2 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:36 am

My landlady strikes again.
That's the one that dumped her ADHD son in my lap yesterday. The attention span of a parakeet.
Now, this morning, she has dumped him on me again. No phone call first, no message on computer or door, not even taped to his head. Nada. He's squawking already. Back to SpongeBob.
In addition, the kid just buttered something with a boning knife while I was doing dishes. I immediately sliced my thumb open with it when he tossed it into the soapy water without telling me first.
Oh, I also have to haul him and an as yet unbought bday present to some party 5 miles away.
I may live through this.
ElPrado2

Postby starrydreamer » Mon May 08, 2017 4:13 pm

Catalina wrote:
If it gets worse, do let the doctor know, there's no extra points for being a hero. Good luck!

I got to see my MRI images at the ENT today. My right sinuses are so inflamed, even the doc was impressed. He's fairly certain that it was caused by some bacteria from my infected tooth making a home in my sinus. More antibiotics and neti potting and if those don't clear things up, then a CT scan and possible sinus surgery. He stuck a camera up my nose but said he couldn't see any visible polyps or tumors. I still have headaches every day but they seem to have calmed down, so hopefully I won't need surgery.

My left sinus is perfectly clear, so the difference was kind of comical.
starrydreamer

Postby Catalina » Mon May 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Here's hoping that irrigation and more antibiotics will do the trick, SD!
Catalina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:21 pm

ElPrado2: My landlady strikes again.

Unless your right to occupy your residence is dependent on being the on-call-at-any-time babysitter, have you tried 'No' with this person? Or discussed the issue with her at a time when she isn't dropping him in your lap? :?
If she just doesn't listen, I suspect that her son's short attention span may be inherited. Kind of feel sorry for the boy...and you, of course. :P
Good luck.
I have no patience with stuff like that, so I probably would have locked my door and refused to answer it whenever she showed up. :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Insane Crazy » Tue May 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Today my boss pulled me into her office to give me a talking-to about doing non-work related stuff during work time. I'll gladly cop to it -- I was overwhelmed by an event outside of work and felt some pressure to focus on it, so I had a few distracted hours last week. I'm also human, and focus is not always my strong suit, so I do my share of dallying on FB and whatever. I always get my work done, and she has been nothing but glowing about my performance since I started in October. But it was a legitimate concern and her pulling me aside was appropriate.

I was a little curious, afterward, how she'd come to the conclusion I was skimping my hours. I'd just flushed my computer's registries and done some tidying, so none of my history/files/etc. would've still been there. Opened up my browser to find that on Thursday, after I left work, she'd logged onto my computer, gone into my personal email (stupidly left logged into -- my fault), and looked at my sent email. Then she searched my inbox for the words "resume" and "counseling," clicked on some things including a Google Hangout chat with a friend I hadn't spoken to on Gmail since last year, and signed out.

Just checking on my sent mail would be one thing, but the searches seriously wig me out. She knew what I would've been working on -- trying to see if I'd sent my resume around (I hadn't) is so not her business. I inquired very briefly about an admissions counselor job a few months ago because I was on the hunt for reduced tuition, but to then search a word like "counseling," which could've easily brought up very private conversations with a therapist or friend? W. T. F.

After all the reprimands for not focusing at work, I spent all day feeling gross and fuming. I'm *fine* with being punished for not doing my job at all times. That is my error and I apologized for it. But to snoop through my personal email for a hell of a lot more than what I was up to last week? Ick. Ick. Ick.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby Somnambulist » Tue May 09, 2017 6:30 pm

I hope you brought up how series HIPPA is.

Id also start applying x 3.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around