The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Private Thoughts » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Curlin wrote:My mom passed away 2 weeks ago. I guess you are never too old to miss your mother. :(

So sorry for your loss. :(

I can relate. I lost my dad 3 years ago on Oct. 25th. The hurt is something that never seems to go away. I never had a chance to say goodbye. I live in KY and he lived in MI. Each visit home he was a little worse. Cancer is an awful disease and it is so cruel. In 3 months he was gone. I miss him every day.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. God Bless.
Private Thoughts

Postby Somnambulist » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Sam Adams Hazel Brown is offending to my palate.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby StarGirl11 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Just got back from what was supposed to be a powerball and food run. Supposed to being the key words.

Long story short I got the food but not the tickets.

Long version. Well the first store I went too said they had been having problems with the server for several hours now and were getting orders in on occasion. I remember thinking that was weird because Powerball should be set up to handle a rush of ticket sales right? After about 10 minutes of waiting and no sucess the clerk finally told me the tickets weren't going to print. He said I was more than happy to try the other stores but other people had come in trying to get tickets reporting the same problem at other stores.

Well never one to be completely detered I hopped in the car and sped a couple of blocks over to the Shell station to see if it was any better there. Almost bouncing on my heels I waited behind a guy kind of anxious to try my luck at getting a ticket. Since if it didn't work here I was going to try somewhere else. That was until the guy said he wanted to buy lotto tickets.

At that point the guy working the cash register said he couldn't sell the tickets. Not because he didn't want to but because no one in Colorado or North Dakota could get on the Powerball server on their machines. Apparently a store in Cleveland, Ohio was rerouting the server for their use (or something of that nature, I don't know how it exactly works, I just know that the store in Cleveland was causing the stores in CO and ND not to be able to buy tickets). The very same server CO and ND are supposed to be using.

If there was ever a time I really wanted the Powerball to roll over its tonight. I still have a ticket with one set of numbers thats good for tonight (thank god for being able to buy Powerball tickets good for the next five drawings and that I bought a ticket when the jackpot first started getting big). But I am still really annoyed.
StarGirl11

Postby Ballerina » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:09 pm

First time every - I bought a Powerball ticket.

A $400 million jackpot, considered the fifth-largest in U.S. history, would be awarded to anyone who bought tickets with the numbers 7-10-22-32-35, with a Powerball of 19.

Naturally, I didn't even come close to winning. I hope whomever wins it has happiness and makes others happy, as well.
Ballerina

Postby serenassong » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:03 am

Ballerina wrote:First time every - I bought a Powerball ticket.

A $400 million jackpot, considered the fifth-largest in U.S. history, would be awarded to anyone who bought tickets with the numbers 7-10-22-32-35, with a Powerball of 19.

Naturally, I didn't even come close to winning. I hope whomever wins it has happiness and makes others happy, as well.

I hope so, too. To someone who really needs it. Not that I really don't, lol.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Ballerina » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:24 am

Oner winner from South Carolina. My goodness, that's a lot of loot for one person. But, I certainly could handle it - would probably give most of it away.
Ballerina

Postby ElPrado2 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:31 am

The dog is not so bad.
I have a cat that is trying to teach himself to use the toilet. I am not encouraging this, mind you. He has been known to miss. Then he complains about it until I clean up after him. Clorox Clean Up does work fairly well. And I have a free supply of sterile gloves from my mothers hospice. It is just a pain in the patootie.
ElPrado2

Postby Somnambulist » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:05 am

iOS7 is hideous.
Somnambulist

Postby Le Beau Bai » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:48 am

Somnambulist wrote:iOS7 is hideous.

So true!
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
Le Beau Bai

Postby Somnambulist » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:50 am

Le Beau Bai wrote:
Somnambulist wrote:iOS7 is hideous.

So true!

Why take a perfectly clean and crisp product and turn it into this ugly thing. I'm really unhappy with it.
Somnambulist

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around