The VENT Thread

Catalina
Posts: 3215
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:35 am

Curlin wrote:My mom passed away 2 weeks ago. I guess you are never too old to miss your mother. :(
I'm so very sorry about your loss, Curlin. It's a difficult loss to have to come to grips with, on a personal basis as well as it also being the end of an era.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, Curlin. And, no, there is no such thing as being too old to miss your mother. Even when you know it's coming, a parent's death will hurt you in places where you didn't know you could hurt.
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 2872
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Sorry about your loss Curlin.
islandgirl45
Posts: 517
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Curlin wrote:My mom passed away 2 weeks ago. I guess you are never too old to miss your mother. :(
Nope, I still think about my mother who died in 2000. My condolences for your loss, Curlin.
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
~President Dwight Eisenhower
User avatar
PONYRCR
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:48 pm

Double vent:

First vent. My damn quads have been sore all weekend. Going to have to skip my run today and rearrange my running schedule for the week. Grrr! I'm somewhat OCD about my running schedule, especially when I'm training for a half marathon.

Second vent. I was notified today that I won a contest I entered. I've won a packaged stay at the Mammouth Mountain Inn. Problem is I have to use the package before Dec. 15, 2013. Ugh. I'd love to use it for the Mammouth Half Marathon but the race is in June 2014. Approx retail value is $2,500 so of course I'd have to pay taxes. Also travel is NOT included. I hate to pass on a sweepstakes win, but I think I'm going to have to on this one.
User avatar
Summer Bird
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: NY

Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:08 pm

It makes me very angry when I clean the apartment and the roommates make a mess right after. About to rip my hair out.
Catalina
Posts: 3215
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Summer Bird wrote:It makes me very angry when I clean the apartment and the roommates make a mess right after. About to rip my hair out.
Uhhh... don't. It wouldn't change anything and the roommate might just find it entertaining.
User avatar
Summer Bird
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: NY

Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Catalina wrote:
Summer Bird wrote:It makes me very angry when I clean the apartment and the roommates make a mess right after. About to rip my hair out.
Uhhh... don't. It wouldn't change anything and the roommate might just find it entertaining.
Yea they probably would!
sweettalk
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:19 pm

i don't care that my boyfriend's boss is a lesbian, with a partner, i think it's EXTREMELY inappropriate for him to be staying at her house. she has serious back troubles and her partner is out of town, and i'm sorry that she can't do anything by herself. but it isn't my boyfriend's problem, and i don't think i should have to put up with him being at another lady's house over it.

i'm already fawning over fictional characters to save my emotions. this isn't helping to pull me out of it. quite the opposite.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 9884
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:49 pm

You're upset that he'll be staying at "another lady's house?" Even though you know she is NOT going to interested in your boyfriend in that way?
You're joking, right? :roll:
User avatar
Ioya Two
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Ohio

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:57 pm

I'm 27, and I will cry off and on until the day I die for my dad. I'm sorry Curlin, it's not easy. It will get easier with time, but it never goes away. Dad's been gone for 7 months now, and I cry a little everyday. It almost feels like your heart's been ripped out of your chest and stomped on. :(
Pulpit 1994-2012
sweettalk
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:27 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:You're upset that he'll be staying at "another lady's house?" Even though you know she is NOT going to interested in your boyfriend in that way?
You're joking, right? :roll:
excuse me for thinking it was inappropriate for him to sleep in a house with his boss. silly me.
i was just under the assumption that there's some line between professional and... not. oh well, thanks for bringing me up to speed.
GreenasGrass
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:51 pm

So sorry for your loss Curlin.
User avatar
Ballerina
Posts: 3055
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:47 am

sweettalk wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:You're upset that he'll be staying at "another lady's house?" Even though you know she is NOT going to interested in your boyfriend in that way?
You're joking, right? :roll:
excuse me for thinking it was inappropriate for him to sleep in a house with his boss. silly me.
i was just under the assumption that there's some line between professional and... not. oh well, thanks for bringing me up to speed.
sweettalk, for what it's worth - I agree with you. Doesn't this person have any friends that can help her while her SO is out of town?
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:48 am

Ballerina wrote:
sweettalk wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:You're upset that he'll be staying at "another lady's house?" Even though you know she is NOT going to interested in your boyfriend in that way?
You're joking, right? :roll:
excuse me for thinking it was inappropriate for him to sleep in a house with his boss. silly me.
i was just under the assumption that there's some line between professional and... not. oh well, thanks for bringing me up to speed.
sweettalk, for what it's worth - I agree with you. Doesn't this person have any friends that can help her while her SO is out of town?
I agree as well, doesn't seem right at all. Not to get you upset, but sometimes a line can be crossed- no matter what the orientation is. Hope this is not the case at all.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:49 am

GreenasGrass wrote:So sorry for your loss Curlin.

Sorry about that, you never really get over a loss, it just gets easier over time. Hugs to all of those who have lost recently.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
User avatar
Ioya Two
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Ohio

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:25 pm

So, I let my dog out to do her business. She squats, takes a poo, then stops. Squats again in 3 different spots before she's done. Not really a b!tch per se, just a "really, you can't finish it in one spot?" I have to clean the yard of her feces everyday. No biggie, I'm just :roll:

And then, I let her inside. She pukes all over my blanket, and part of the carpet. I can wash my blanket, but it's harder to get barf out of the carpet. Not to mention it stinks. At least she's laying down in my bed looking remorseful. Lol.
Pulpit 1994-2012
User avatar
serenassong
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Connecticut

Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:04 pm

Ioya Two wrote:So, I let my dog out to do her business. She squats, takes a poo, then stops. Squats again in 3 different spots before she's done. Not really a b!tch per se, just a "really, you can't finish it in one spot?" I have to clean the yard of her feces everyday. No biggie, I'm just :roll:

And then, I let her inside. She pukes all over my blanket, and part of the carpet. I can wash my blanket, but it's harder to get barf out of the carpet. Not to mention it stinks. At least she's laying down in my bed looking remorseful. Lol.
Some tips how to get pet stains out of carpets
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/re ... odors.html#

My dog goes in several places on occasion, don't know why they sometimes do that.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
BlindLucky
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:08 pm

serenassong wrote:My dog goes in several places on occasion, don't know why they sometimes do that.
My spaz-tastic 3 yr old Lab/Pitbull mix poop-walks around the yard while he's looking for his ball. He starts to go in one spot, then thinks he sees the ball in the grass and poop-walks all the way to it. Complete with whimpers, while pooping, of "I can't just leave it there, someone else might get it!"
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
User avatar
Ioya Two
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Location: Ohio

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Thanks. I was going to try to get some oxy-clean, then Lysol, then carpet powdered, and vacuumed. It should be fine after that.
Pulpit 1994-2012
Post Reply