The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby stark » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:02 am

I'm just shocked when people expect something for FREE.
Yesterday's example was the Arrogate race....."it should be streaming somewhere for FREE"

Why?

Is it too much to ask that you have an ADW account with TVG, Twinspires etc? Note, you don't have to have any money in your account to watch the live video!!!

How much somebody else should do for FREE is an amazing concept I just don't understand.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Tessablue » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:35 pm

I agree. The public shouldn't be allowed to watch our sport's supserstars until they've EARNED it.
Tessablue
 
Posts: 3024
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Boston

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Forry Cow How » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:22 am

A lot of tracks offer free video too (NYRA leads the way, IMO). RTN offers most tracks for $15/month. XBTV is free...it's owned by Stronach but I'm not sure if it shows races from the Stronach tracks or is just talk. And if all else fails, you can watch video of the big races on Blood-Horse when they post the story.

I went for RTN, so I can watch via Roku on my television. I use Twinspires to wager.
Forry Cow How
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:52 am

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:20 am

I've resigned myself to watching race replays. I don't bet, so not being able to watch races live doesn't bug me too much. However, I'm moving next month and will be not overly far from Arlington, which means in a few years, I get to start taking my son to Million Day. My dad and I used to go.

Sinus surgery was a huge success, by the way. It's great to be able to breathe again.

Now if only my house will sell. We've had more than 20 showings in one week on the market, plus 14 couples who came through during the open house this weekend. Time to lower the price!
User avatar
starrydreamer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby stark » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:35 am

Thanks for a couple of perfectly reasonable replies that didn't sound like they came from the "Entitlement Generation Handbook"

And congrats on being able to breathe.

Your Real Estate agent is like just like your trainer, you need to trust their judgement and wait for the drop in class, a week seems too quick imho.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:38 pm

stark wrote:Thanks for a couple of perfectly reasonable replies that didn't sound like they came from the "Entitlement Generation Handbook"

And congrats on being able to breathe.

Your Real Estate agent is like just like your trainer, you need to trust their judgement and wait for the drop in class, a week seems too quick imho.


We would wait another week to drop the price under normal circumstances, but my husband starts his new job in a new state in mid-August, and so we're under a bit of a time crunch. It's currently listed for $40k more than we paid for it so there's plenty of room to play.
User avatar
starrydreamer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby stark » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:14 pm

Political Polls.

What purpose do they serve?

How accurate are they?

I'm guessing they don't serve much purpose at all and are as accurate as some horseplayers and weathermen.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Catalina » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:59 pm

stark wrote:Political Polls.

What purpose do they serve?

How accurate are they?

I'm guessing they don't serve much purpose at all and are as accurate as some horseplayers and weathermen.


They are something along the lines of statistics, no? And we all know (or by now should know) that you can prove or disprove just about anything with statistics.
Catalina
 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:23 am

Weather forecasters and horseplayers are trying to predict something that hasn't yet happened. It's guesswork.
Polls provide information on something that has already happened. Whether through polls, responses to surveys, voting records or other sources, statistics are gathered. It's math.
Guess I'll take math over guesswork.
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 8111
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby stark » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:20 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Weather forecasters and horseplayers are trying to predict something that hasn't yet happened. It's guesswork.
Polls provide information on something that has already happened. Whether through polls, responses to surveys, voting records or other sources, statistics are gathered. It's math.
Guess I'll take math over guesswork.



Do weekly Presidential favorability polls really serve any purpose, especially the ones from the same pollsters that failed so miserably in November 2016, no matter if they are guesswork or math? Have they changed the way they collect the data yet?
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron