The VENT Thread

The VENT Thread

Postby Ballerina » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:07 pm

I don't have anything important to b!tch about - just yet. I just thought I'd start the thread.
Ballerina

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby serenassong » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:56 am

LOL- I have a feeling that for me, it wont take long.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Ballerina » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:01 am

We're leaving for Virginia tomorrow morning. My biggest b**** is I'm not going to be see Red Dan run his race. My second b**** is getting ready to leave - it's always a daunting task. Despite doing it year after year after year, it's always labor intensive.
Ballerina

Postby Prairie Bayou » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:14 pm

We drew straws at work for Ravens tickets this week. The owner is not going and gave them to our office manager. They are great seats (on the 50 yard line in section 100). The company he owns works with the Ravens (Ray Lewis did an ad for us). They even came with passes to go on the field prior to the game. Well I lost. I'm not angry that I lost. One of the girls who is going I printed out photos for to take with her to try and get signed so she could have them. I like her. :D But the other person who won always comments how her husband makes six figures a year and how she spends money on this and that. She also said she doesn't have to work but chooses to because she gets bored (if you know our company nobody would choose to work there) though she complains how much she HATES her job. The other day she showed me her ipad mini and said that she has 3 ipads and nobody uses the big one but everyone wants her little one to use and that is why she constantly has to charge it at work. Well when she won the tickets she mentioned how she has to change all her plans for her party because she now has to go to the stadium and how horribly her guests will complain. Is it wrong to want to slap the crap out of her? I've been to 1 game in my lifetime.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby Somnambulist » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Thankfully, 1.6 years out of college did not curb my anal studying habits one bit (read: intense sarcasm). I am at least pretty sure my brain is still in my head.. some 5 hours later.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Curlin » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:43 pm

My mom passed away 2 weeks ago. I guess you are never too old to miss your mother. :(
Curlin

Postby Insane Crazy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:12 am

ETA: Goodness, Curlin, I'm so sorry. =( My worries pale in comparison to yours. Best wishes for you and yours.

Long, petty roomie rant ahead.

I'm sharing my new apartment room with a friend, who is great but just has a lot of stuff. A. Lot. She apparently needs every article of clothing she has ever owned to be with her -- I mentioned she should scale down when she was moving out of her room last year, and she got very antsy, saying she "needs" it, she's very "anal" and has to have everything be "very clean". We have a BIG walk-in closet. Her clothing takes up pretty much the whole long end an then some, including a hanging shelving system. She has also taken up a dresser drawer and four of those metal cubbie-shelf things you get from Target. It's a month worth of clothes, and she still does laundry every week.

She was sensitive enough to recognize she was hogging space, and it's not as if it's an actual "problem" -- all of my clothes fit in the three drawers she left me and about two feet of closet space.I probably can fit in the extra space I've been granted. It just astounds me how many clothes she "needs" when she knows she's sharing space!

The clothes in the room itself, where the metal shelves are, bother me the most. The shelving is the only vertical storage in the room and take up a ton of space. I'm hoping she'll agree we need to share it, find somewhere else for her gobs of shirts, and we can split it for books and the like. Just. Yeesh.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby sweettalk » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:09 am

not a vent per say. i start a new job on monday. pretty scared, honestly. it's just a little taco joint, but still.

curlin; be strong. she's not truly gone, never will be. not as long as you remember and love her.
Follow your heart. You need it. And where did it learn to scurry like that?
sweettalk

Postby ElPrado2 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:12 am

Mom tried to use her walker yesterday.
She was going to sneak to the bathroom or some other room without making us get her in her wheel chair.
Result, one shin bleeding like an open bottle of wine. She fell, tearing all the skin from a 7 x 5 strip on her right shin, plus a 2 inch square patch on her knee above it. I had the visiting nurse eventually get here. It only took 2 hours.
I had to get 2 of the drunk dopers across the street to help pick her up. My daughter could not help much, she was busy holding her up while they got her straightened out enough to lift her into the wheelchair. One leg was trapped underneath her, the wrong one of course. Luckily, no other real damage bar some bruising from the arranging, actual fall and lifting. She has very delicate skin, bruises if you look at it cross eyed.
After that, we got her into a room where we had more room, called the hospice, got told what to do and followed instructions.
Her leg is bandaged from her knee to her ankle.
I proved that I could hand wash lots of blood from cloth without having it stain, amazingly, dish soap works fairly well there.
Mom got hit with a percocet. I took a couple of Aleve. My daughter did the potty yells while I finally got some sleep. We had to take the walker away and hide it in another room to keep mom from trying to use it.
What a mess.
You just think you have fun in yours.
ElPrado2

Postby Somnambulist » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:00 am

Curlin wrote:My mom passed away 2 weeks ago. I guess you are never too old to miss your mother. :(

No, never. I'm so sorry to hear.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Next

Return to Horsin' Around