The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby sweettalk » Tue May 23, 2017 5:31 am

got a shot. with a needle/syringe. in my literal eyeball. now i have a blob of steroid in my vision field.

i asked for a cybernetic eye and was told it's "science fiction" and i needed to "be realistic". pft.
Airplanes are actually much, much safer than trains and cars when it comes to flying.
sweettalk

Postby peeptoad » Tue May 23, 2017 8:06 am

sweettalk wrote:got a shot. with a needle/syringe. in my literal eyeball. now i have a blob of steroid in my vision field.

i asked for a cybernetic eye and was told it's "science fiction" and i needed to "be realistic". pft.

egads.

I did intra-ocular injections in a mouse one time; had to use a microscope... and endure a migraine.
peeptoad

Postby starrydreamer » Tue May 23, 2017 12:12 pm

Catalina wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:The third round of antibiotics cleared up my sinus infection and I had a week of feeling good. But I woke up today with pressure on that side of my head again. I'm going to wait a day or two to see if maybe it goes away on its own, but otherwise, I'm headed for a CT scan and possibly surgery.

For most people, it's outpatient surgery these days.

Yeah, I anticipate it'll be outpatient. I seem to be doing better today, so I'll just take it a day at a time and put it off as long as I can. The only problem right now is that when I sniff, it feels like I've inhaled chlorinated water (that burning sensation, not that I feel like I'm drowning).

The child is sick again. This is his second day home from daycare this week.

A shot in the eye. :shock: Noooooo thank you.
starrydreamer

Postby sweettalk » Wed May 24, 2017 5:58 am

see, why can't i just have that? it'd be a great conversation starter if nothing else.

otherwise, i will trade you your sinus infection for whatever my eyeball is trying to do to itself.
Airplanes are actually much, much safer than trains and cars when it comes to flying.
sweettalk

Postby starrydreamer » Wed May 24, 2017 12:32 pm

sweettalk wrote:see, why can't i just have that? it'd be a great conversation starter if nothing else.

otherwise, i will trade you your sinus infection for whatever my eyeball is trying to do to itself.

No deal. I will take the face pain and neon snot dripping out of my nose over eyeball anything.
starrydreamer

Postby Miesque1973 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Okay, the words 'needle' and 'eye' should never be in the same sentence. Or, frankly, the same county. It's almost as horrifying as driving through some little town and passing a vision provider's office and seeing a sign that says 'Eyeglasses - Prices Slashed!' Fail to read it correctly and all sorts of hideous images come to mind. To the point that you're hugging your knees and rocking back and forth while emitting an eerie keening sound that makes the doves attack each other.

Or maybe that's just me. I can watch ear wax extractions and abscess 'evacuations' all day without a twitch (YouTube has lots of both -- Dr Gilmore's stuff is fascinating, and yes, I am weird -- what of it?). But just thinking about anything to do with eyes and needles and I feel light-headed.

~Miesque
Vice does not change its character by becoming fashionable.
Miesque1973

Postby War Admiral » Sat May 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Speaking of eyes I accidentally poked my finger in my eye while washing my hair in the shower the other day and caused a blood vessel to break. Th white of me eye turned a bright red. :o And whats worse is I teach preschool and all my kids were asking me what happened to my eye. At least I could use this as a learning experience and show my kids what could happen if they poke each other ( as four year olds love to do) and accidentally hit someone in the eye.
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.
War Admiral

Postby sweettalk » Sat May 27, 2017 4:34 pm

War Admiral wrote:Speaking of eyes I accidentally poked my finger in my eye while washing my hair in the shower the other day and caused a blood vessel to break. Th white of me eye turned a bright red. :o And whats worse is I teach preschool and all my kids were asking me what happened to my eye. At least I could use this as a learning experience and show my kids what could happen if they poke each other ( as four year olds love to do) and accidentally hit someone in the eye.

and now you know about what it feels like - except my doctor was at least nice enough to numb me up first! hope that heals up quick.
it's been like 5 days and the blob of steroid has finally left my field of vision... still can't see out of that eye so that's swell. :roll:

@starry, have your sinus dealy cleared up at all yet?
@miesque, eyeball not for slashing! :shock:
sweettalk

Postby starrydreamer » Tue May 30, 2017 9:41 pm

War Admiral wrote:Speaking of eyes I accidentally poked my finger in my eye while washing my hair in the shower the other day and caused a blood vessel to break. Th white of me eye turned a bright red. :o And whats worse is I teach preschool and all my kids were asking me what happened to my eye. At least I could use this as a learning experience and show my kids what could happen if they poke each other ( as four year olds love to do) and accidentally hit someone in the eye.

LoL I did that last night, too, but thankfully didn't break any blood vessels.

Sinus infection has been slowly getting worse, so I'm having a CT scan tomorrow and then the doc will call me to go over options. I've watched a few surgical sinus rinses on youtube and I'm totally on board with it. Nasty bacteria begone already. The last dose of antibiotic gave me a week of relief but also caused some bad side effects that, honestly, were not worth the week of relief.
starrydreamer

Postby starrydreamer » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:04 pm

CT scan showed that my sinuses are worse than when I had the MRI. So I'm scheduling that surgery.
starrydreamer

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around