The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Tessablue » Thu May 11, 2017 11:23 pm

what kind

of journal submission system

DOESN'T

let you submit your figures

IN PDF FORMAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME
Tessablue
 
Posts: 3024
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Boston

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Forry Cow How » Fri May 12, 2017 7:16 am

Tessablue wrote:what kind

of journal submission system

DOESN'T

let you submit your figures

IN PDF FORMAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME


An Elsevier Journal? LOL
Forry Cow How
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:52 am

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Somnambulist » Thu May 18, 2017 5:57 pm

I'm as far from celebrity worship as one can get but I really can't believe Chris Cornell killed himself.

I can't even believe I'm at 20 years listening to his songs.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Somnambulist
 
Posts: 6981
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:35 pm

It is difficult to understand why he was in such a dark place, without having walked in his shoes.
It's a loss for music, and especially for his family. :(
BaroqueAgain1
 
Posts: 8114
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby firehorse » Fri May 19, 2017 12:20 am

Somnambulist wrote:I'm as far from celebrity worship as one can get but I really can't believe Chris Cornell killed himself.

I can't even believe I'm at 20 years listening to his songs.


I can't believe it either, although a gen-xer, I never really got into Soundgarden, really discovered him in Audioslave who I saw live - one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Having a hard time wrapping my mind around him offing himself, odd to find out he's been living on South Beach for the last couple of years, the last place anyone with a tendency towards depression or addictions should be.
firehorse
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby StarGirl11 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:18 pm

I'm at Pimlico for the Preakness and getting tired of the back and forth on whether or not I can be on the rail if my seats a few rows back. First I couldn't, then I could, then it's back to I can't, then it was I can't be up there for the post parade. I'm not so mad at the people trying to enforce it as much as the wide range of inconsistency on it. I've been going to the races for a long time and this is the first time I've become so fed up with a track that the temptation not to return is high.
StarGirl11
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:58 am

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Forry Cow How » Sun May 21, 2017 7:24 am

StarGirl11 wrote:I'm at Pimlico for the Preakness and getting tired of the back and forth on whether or not I can be on the rail if my seats a few rows back. First I couldn't, then I could, then it's back to I can't, then it was I can't be up there for the post parade. I'm not so mad at the people trying to enforce it as much as the wide range of inconsistency on it. I've been going to the races for a long time and this is the first time I've become so fed up with a track that the temptation not to return is high.


I virtually stopped going to the Preakness once they put chairs on the apron to sell more seats. I no longer could get there early on Saturday and get a spot on the rail. I did go with an out-of-town friend after the seats were put in. We had seats inside. They said we couldn't go outside to say "hi" to friends who had seats outside. Well, we just went down to where no one was guarding the door and went outside. No problem getting back inside. I understand those that pay for the seats outside deserve their space and those guarding the doors do not know what our real intentions are and we should probably have just stayed inside.

A trainer friend of mine was running a horse that day. We did manage to get to the paddock and he told us to come to the winner's circle if his horse won. It didn't win, but I wonder if we could have gotten there anyway?

It's been a few years now. I need to go back again. It was fun despite some of the changes. Better start saving my pennies.

With advent of online betting and being able to easily watch races from home, I don't go every day like I used to. Of course, I'm much older, too. LOL Oh, does Pimlico still let you bring cameras in with telephoto lenses? I know a lot of tracks don't let you anymore.
Forry Cow How
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:52 am

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby BlindLucky » Sun May 21, 2017 4:27 pm

Forry Cow How wrote:Oh, does Pimlico still let you bring cameras in with telephoto lenses? I know a lot of tracks don't let you anymore.

They don't care. They only banned them in 2013 (right after the Boston Marathon bombing).
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky
 
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:22 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby starrydreamer » Mon May 22, 2017 1:03 pm

The third round of antibiotics cleared up my sinus infection and I had a week of feeling good. But I woke up today with pressure on that side of my head again. I'm going to wait a day or two to see if maybe it goes away on its own, but otherwise, I'm headed for a CT scan and possibly surgery.
User avatar
starrydreamer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Catalina » Mon May 22, 2017 8:43 pm

starrydreamer wrote:The third round of antibiotics cleared up my sinus infection and I had a week of feeling good. But I woke up today with pressure on that side of my head again. I'm going to wait a day or two to see if maybe it goes away on its own, but otherwise, I'm headed for a CT scan and possibly surgery.


For most people, it's outpatient surgery these days.
Catalina
 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests