The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Catalina » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:37 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Weather forecasters and horseplayers are trying to predict something that hasn't yet happened. It's guesswork.
Polls provide information on something that has already happened. Whether through polls, responses to surveys, voting records or other sources, statistics are gathered. It's math.
Guess I'll take math over guesswork.

It's not really math. The pollsters are trying to milk some conclusions from "data" that are based on unreliable responses
Catalina

Postby Tessablue » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:54 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Weather forecasters and horseplayers are trying to predict something that hasn't yet happened. It's guesswork.
Polls provide information on something that has already happened. Whether through polls, responses to surveys, voting records or other sources, statistics are gathered. It's math.
Guess I'll take math over guesswork.

An admirable effort, but it's best not to engage.

Which, speaking of, my fiance backed his car into my car on this, the first day of my ostensible month-long vacation. My brand new car. Insurance doesn't help as much when you're about to marry the person who has to take the price hike...
Tessablue

Postby Somnambulist » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:02 pm

Insurance helps?LOL. Pretty sure it's there solely to screw you over.

Unless the damage is massive I wouldn't even file the claim.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Tessablue » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:05 pm

lol, fair point. And yeah we'll find out tomorrow if we need to, it appears to be a lot of missing paint without structural damage so fingers crossed...
Tessablue

Postby starrydreamer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:39 am

I can't believe I'm now in the position where I hope someone's financing for a home sale falls through. I really want this house, and I'm super pissed that the seller's agent didn't tell our agent immediately that there was already an accepted offer. So now we're the secondary offer, waiting for the primary offer to fall through.

But the probability of their financing falling through is extremely low, so we are back on the hunt for a house. :roll:
starrydreamer

Postby stark » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:05 pm

What is proper concert etiquette these days?

Is it okay to stand up the whole time?
I thought that's what the pit was for, why not buy those tickets?

Is it okay to film the whole thing on your phone?
A picture or two or three is fine, but the whole dang 2 hours?
Why not just wait for youtube and save your energy if all you're gonna do is stand with your arms up in the air?

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Previous

Return to Horsin' Around