The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:48 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:The horse looks like an Arabian, and someone took the time to braid/tie up its mane. Horse probably had more sense as as a driver than his/her rider. :P

And it's definitely grey, not white. :lol:
starrydreamer

Postby Ballerina » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:36 pm

I have been trying since February 5th to reach my cardiologist by phone. All I get is - "the lines are busy, someone will be with you shortly." Nuh uh - no one gets back at all, let alone shortly. I've called every day, 3 x's a day, always the same message. I sent a letter 10 days ago asking for someone to call me so I could make an appointment. Still no response. This Thursday we will be in the area. I'll stop in and try very hard to remain calm, and maybe just maybe I'll finally get an appointment. They told me when I was there last to call the 1st of February to make an appointment for March. Just following orders.

This is the vent thread, isn't it. Steam coming out of the top of my head.
Ballerina

Postby stark » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:49 pm

Strange way for a Dr. to retain his customer base.

Be well in spite of him!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Ballerina wrote:I have been trying since February 5th to reach my cardiologist by phone. All I get is - "the lines are busy, someone will be with you shortly." Nuh uh - no one gets back at all, let alone shortly. I've called every day, 3 x's a day, always the same message. I sent a letter 10 days ago asking for someone to call me so I could make an appointment. Still no response. This Thursday we will be in the area. I'll stop in and try very hard to remain calm, and maybe just maybe I'll finally get an appointment. They told me when I was there last to call the 1st of February to make an appointment for March. Just following orders.

Noooo, not cool. Hope you are able to get your appointment.
starrydreamer

Postby Catalina » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:01 pm

Ballerina wrote:I have been trying since February 5th to reach my cardiologist by phone. All I get is - "the lines are busy, someone will be with you shortly." Nuh uh - no one gets back at all, let alone shortly. I've called every day, 3 x's a day, always the same message. I sent a letter 10 days ago asking for someone to call me so I could make an appointment. Still no response. This Thursday we will be in the area. I'll stop in and try very hard to remain calm, and maybe just maybe I'll finally get an appointment. They told me when I was there last to call the 1st of February to make an appointment for March. Just following orders.

That's flat out bizarre.
Catalina

Postby stark » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:06 pm

Florida follow-up....

Congrats to Dicks Sporting Goods for taking a stand that may impact their sales bottom line.

Won't sell any AR-15s
Won't sell guns to anybody under 21.
Won't sell high capacity magazines.
Won't sell bump stocks.

Of course nobody knows what, if any, effect this will have on the big picture, but it beats the heck out of forming another committee and discussing it some more.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/busine ... es-n851881
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Catalina » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Step in the right direction. It's what a lot of people think should be implemented.
Catalina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:17 pm

Love the fact that other states are asking Delta to consider them as its new headquarters, since some politicos in Georgia are threatening to punish the company for discontinuing its NRA discounts.
Maybe I should have posted this in Happiness instead? :P :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Tessablue » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:49 pm

Tessablue wrote:It doesn't have to happen here, either, but it will keep happening until your incomprehensibly vicious, fearmongering, nihilistic ideology is ground into dust. And if my generation doesn't do it, the next one will.

Tessablue wrote:All these arguments? All that fear you desperately cling to? It's not just pointless- it'll be a source of scorn and derision for generations, until it's finally forgotten. That's your legacy!

Tessablue wrote:I just want to make it as clear as possible that no matter how entrenched you are, you're going to lose, and history will not be kind about it.

I love it when things get started ahead of schedule :D
Tessablue

Postby starrydreamer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:06 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Love the fact that other states are asking Delta to consider them as its new headquarters, since some politicos in Georgia are threatening to punish the company for discontinuing its NRA discounts.
Maybe I should have posted this in Happiness instead? :P :lol:

Seriously. Delta's main hub being Atlanta has been a huge deal for Georgia and THIS is how some of Georgia's politicians have chosen to thank them? I hope Delta doesn't cave on the whole NRA discount thing and actually does move to a new state.
starrydreamer

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around