The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Miesque1973 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:01 pm

Had the nerve to try and print something today. Printer (an HP) went bonkers, refuses to print when I want it to print. It will occasionally start spitting out stuff I tried to print THREE FREAKING DAYS AGO. I thought I had it working right earlier, and it even did duplex printing, but when I came back and tried to print out a photo I had taken, it decides that it's done with printing. Now I'm trying to reinstall the whole blasted thing and it's taking eons. I'm not entirely sure that it even WILL reinstall. Now I'm getting 'fatal error'.

If I had money I'd buy a new printer. If I had a gun, I'd shoot this one.

Grrr...

~Miesque

Update: After several tries, reinstalls and a pounding headache, I finally got the printer working again. I suppose that's less expensive than shooting it. :D
Vice does not change its character by becoming fashionable.
Miesque1973

Postby starrydreamer » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:33 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:"...apparently doing that will require restructuring my sinuses on that side of my face."

Ow. Yeah, I think I would choose to go on with one less tooth. With my small mouth, it sometimes feels like I have too many anyway. :lol:

:lol: I've already had 8 removed (4 wisdom teeth, 4 molars).

As for printers, that reminds me that mine is out of black ink. It runs out of ink so quickly... and you have to feed the paper to it one at a time. I hate our printer.
starrydreamer

Postby Ballerina » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:40 pm

two times in a month I'm battling pleurisy. That **** hurts.
Ballerina

Postby Catalina » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Ballerina wrote:two times in a month I'm battling pleurisy. That **** hurts.

Hope they can figure out how come, and do something to keep it from bouncing back like a yo yo.
Catalina

Postby starrydreamer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:44 am

Ugh, that stinks.

My toddler is sick AGAIN. He was in daycare two days this week - he missed Monday and Tuesday. Now he has a fever, a cough, and is having some trouble breathing (he has lung disease, so we have home oxygen equipment and we put him on it). Husband had taken the day off so he could do work on the house and instead, he has to watch the child.

The worst part is husband's bad mood. He is acting like either the child did this on purpose or the world is out to get him (every time this winter when he tries to take a day off to do work on the house, child is sick. But child is sick a lot. It's winter, and we have a lung-compromised kid). He needs to chill. He's all "the basement isn't going to be finished until July." So what? We're not selling the house this spring.
starrydreamer

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:13 pm

I'm so sorry that your little one has such a problem. You and your husband have a lot on your plate. :(
Maybe your hubby feels like he needs to 'fix' something; he can't change what is happening with his child, but working on the basement gives him a problem he can solve? Sort of worry/anger/frustration transference? Working on the basement could be therapy.
Best wishes for you guys...hope your toddler recovers soon.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby starrydreamer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:38 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:I'm so sorry that your little one has such a problem. You and your husband have a lot on your plate. :(
Maybe your hubby feels like he needs to 'fix' something; he can't change what is happening with his child, but working on the basement gives him a problem he can solve? Sort of worry/anger/frustration transference? Working on the basement could be therapy.
Best wishes for you guys...hope your toddler recovers soon.

Oh, that's definitely it. Husband got to work on the basement anyway. :roll: When our kid is sick, all he wants to do is watch tv and, well, we let him.
starrydreamer

Postby starrydreamer » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:55 pm

Gah and to top it all off, my fever is back, with a lot of aches and chills. I tried my usual 24/7 online clinic but they said they don't treat dental emergencies, so I have to wait until morning and get the on-call dentist at my usual place. I'm so mad at the place I went to this week that did the 2nd root canal - they don't have a central number, so I had to call both the endodontist who I saw earlier this week and the oral surgeon who is doing the extraction in two Mondays - struck out at both. They highly discourage emergency calls to their practitioners. And honestly, i don't feel like giving them any of my money anyway. How'd they not anticipate any infection in the area when I said that I had been having pain?

I'll call my usual dentist tomorrow and beg them for antibiotics or to just remove the tooth already.
starrydreamer

Postby Ballerina » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:41 am

Catalina wrote:

Hope they can figure out how come, and do something to keep it from bouncing back like a yo yo.

I'm trying like hell. Can't take anti-inflammatories because I am deathly allergic to aspirin in any form. Therefore, I must take steroids which bring on a-fib attacks. I'm on a blood thinner so no danger of having a stroke, but it's annoying when they occur. The condition is viral, so antibiotics won't work. It's most likely an after effect of all the ops I had and meds I was on when I was battling a broken leg and pancreatic cancer last year. Immune system all screwed up. All I now is, it hurts like hell.
Ballerina

Postby Catalina » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Ballerina wrote:
Catalina wrote:

I'm trying like hell. Can't take anti-inflammatories because I am deathly allergic to aspirin in any form. Therefore, I must take steroids which bring on a-fib attacks. I'm on a blood thinner so no danger of having a stroke, but it's annoying when they occur. The condition is viral, so antibiotics won't work. It's most likely an after effect of all the ops I had and meds I was on when I was battling a broken leg and pancreatic cancer last year. Immune system all screwed up. All I now is, it hurts like hell.

When I said "hope THEY can figure out how come AND DO SOMETHING.." I was referring to your doctors, and not that you yourself need to figure it out. Or that you yourself need to come up with something that will keep it from coming back.

Get well soon.
Catalina

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around