The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Starine » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:13 pm

Speedy healing, Miesque! You're quite the trooper.
Starine

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Drat it all. I had a root canal done 8 or 9 years ago, and it had to be redone 5 years ago. Yesterday, I started having pain near there, and it got way worse overnight, to the point where I can't chew on that side of the mouth and any pressure on that tooth (which has a crown) hurts a LOT.

And I can't go see the oral surgeon today because my child is sick with diarrhea.
starrydreamer

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:47 pm

If I were having to have a root canal redone three times within 8 or 9 years, I think I'd find a new dentist. :shock:
Sorry your child is sick, but I hope you can get in to see your oral surgeon soon. I'm sure you know that letting an oral infection fester is a big NOPE. :(
BaroqueAgain1

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:24 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:If I were having to have a root canal redone three times within 8 or 9 years, I think I'd find a new dentist. :shock:
Sorry your child is sick, but I hope you can get in to see your oral surgeon soon. I'm sure you know that letting an oral infection fester is a big NOPE. :(

Yeah, I'm going in tomorrow morning. The canal has been done by two different endodonists and I'm seeing a third one tomorrow. So everyone is having trouble with it, apparently. I have a small mouth and it's a back top tooth, which makes it difficult. But I am so annoyed.
starrydreamer

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:42 pm

You have my sympathy. I also have a very small mouth, which made getting to my back teeth an exercise in fitting large square fingers into a small round hole. :P
Fortunately, I found an excellent female dentist about a decade ago. She has small delicate hands, and I have no longer have anxiety about visiting the dentist. :D
BaroqueAgain1

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:43 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:You have my sympathy. I also have a very small mouth, which made getting to my back teeth an exercise in fitting large square fingers into a small round hole. :P
Fortunately, I found an excellent female dentist about a decade ago. She has small delicate hands, and I have no longer have anxiety about visiting the dentist. :D

The worst part is the plastic thing they put in your mouth to hold it open. The first place (which was in NYC with a woman endodontist) didn't have a small enough thing, so they just shoved it in there and I had cuts in my gums and insides of my cheeks... AND it took two appointments.

My dentist is awesome. She also has smaller hands. And my dental hygienist looks like Molly Shannon.
starrydreamer

Postby stark » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:15 pm

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Miesque1973 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:15 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Fortunately, I found an excellent female dentist about a decade ago. She has small delicate hands, and I have no longer have anxiety about visiting the dentist. :D

I'm guessing she's also smallish all around? That's my kind of dentist. I always want a dentist who is small enough to overpower and escape from, if necessary. :D

Of course, James Herriott had a story about a dentist putting his patient in the chair, turning to get his instruments, and turning around to find the chair empty.

~Miesque
Vice does not change its character by becoming fashionable.
Miesque1973

Postby starrydreamer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:53 pm

I don't need a root canal. I need the tooth removed because the root itself is starting to crack. But this is the only tooth that ever gives me trouble, so maybe once it gets removed, I can live my life. Since it's so far back, I'm going to try not getting an implant put in - apparently doing that will require restructuring my sinuses on that side of my face. :shock:
starrydreamer

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

"...apparently doing that will require restructuring my sinuses on that side of my face."

Ow. Yeah, I think I would choose to go on with one less tooth. With my small mouth, it sometimes feels like I have too many anyway. :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around