The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby starrydreamer » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:04 pm

sweettalk wrote:i have RA and my rheumatoid test was negative, as well. the dr i saw said that it happens sometimes, so i'm glad you're going in anyway.

Yeah, the internist I saw made it sound like it was all in my head.

However, I also need to lose about 30 lbs. I think that will help my poor knee out, at least.
starrydreamer

Postby Tessablue » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:18 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
sweettalk wrote:i have RA and my rheumatoid test was negative, as well. the dr i saw said that it happens sometimes, so i'm glad you're going in anyway.

Yeah, the internist I saw made it sound like it was all in my head.

However, I also need to lose about 30 lbs. I think that will help my poor knee out, at least.

Ugh, I hate it when doctors act like we're crazy for... what, being in pain? I did a literature search and it looks like low mean platelet volume is an indicator for systemic inflammation, but it's a very very recent discovery so it's quite possible that it isn't common knowledge yet. Glad you are still planning on going to a rheumatologist and I hope you get answers there.

Lots of vents but I'm particularly bummed out by the impending wholesale devastation of the scientific infrastructure that I've basically devoted my life to.
Tessablue

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:25 pm

I can't wait until my boyfriend and I are together long enough we can ignore everyone on holidays and people aren't offended.

Also the last doctor that told me it was in my head I immediately walked out and didn't pay. Nothing like idiots.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Previous

Return to Horsin' Around