The VENT Thread

Re: The VENT Thread

Postby Ballerina » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:36 pm

I bought a dozen jar candles on sale a couple moths ago. Now, I can't find them. How could they just disappear. I remember bringing them home from the store. What happened next I haven't a clue.
Ballerina

Postby Forry Cow How » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:47 am

Ballerina wrote:I bought a dozen jar candles on sale a couple moths ago. Now, I can't find them. How could they just disappear. I remember bringing them home from the store. What happened next I haven't a clue.

Sounds like me. And you would think a dozen would be hard to miss? I hope you find them.
Forry Cow How

Postby starrydreamer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:24 am

My sister was diagnosed with RA earlier this year. Apparently, someone on my dad's side of the family died from complications from RA. And it's looking more and more likely that I also have it. I'll get tested, but that's just what we need on top of all my kid's medical problems.

But hey, my sinuses are still working properly!
starrydreamer

Postby Somnambulist » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:18 pm

starrydreamer wrote:My sister was diagnosed with RA earlier this year. Apparently, someone on my dad's side of the family died from complications from RA. And it's looking more and more likely that I also have it. I'll get tested, but that's just what we need on top of all my kid's medical problems.

But hey, my sinuses are still working properly!

AI's cluster heavily on my mom's side. I went through the ringer with this for 2 years. I ended up with pelvic floor dysfunction, but a Googling of those symptoms shows a pretty easy comparison to MS/IC in some ways, although IC is heavily debated as an AI. I don't think it's that common for siblings to have the same AI.

I'd demand a lymes disease test. There are two.. the one they offer first on offices has an abysmally high false negative rate but people don't often know about that. Since you lived in this area that's the only reason I mention it.

Good luck. The worst thing to deal with is the healthcare system when you don't feel good.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby starrydreamer » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:13 am

My sister got tested for MS - thankfully it was negative. As for Lyme Disease, it might be a good idea to get tested, although it's been 7 years since I last lived in the northeast. Even without RA, I need to get treatment for the arthritis in my finger joints anyway.
starrydreamer

Postby Tessablue » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:03 pm

The distribution of Lyme disease has expanded quite a bit in the past few years especially in the midwest, and it can have very long-term effects. Like Som said the test isn't the most reliable, but I think it's definitely worth bringing up to your physicians. Best of luck and I hope you feel better soon, starry.
Tessablue

Postby starrydreamer » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:39 am

Tessablue wrote:The distribution of Lyme disease has expanded quite a bit in the past few years especially in the midwest, and it can have very long-term effects. Like Som said the test isn't the most reliable, but I think it's definitely worth bringing up to your physicians. Best of luck and I hope you feel better soon, starry.

Thanks, Tessa.

Ballerina - have you found your candles yet? :lol:
starrydreamer

Postby Ballerina » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:36 pm

starrydreamer wrote:Ballerina - have you found your candles yet? :lol:

Nope - I think Yankee Candle snuck into the house and took them back. It's truly a mystery.
Ballerina

Postby starrydreamer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:56 pm

Ballerina wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:Ballerina - have you found your candles yet? :lol:

Nope - I think Yankee Candle snuck into the house and took them back. It's truly a mystery.

They'll pop up eventually and you'll wonder why the heck you put them there.

Saw the doctor and the only thing my blood tests show is that I have lower than the standard range for mean platelet volume. ANA Screen was negative, Rheumatoid Factor negative. Only waiting on Anti-CCP test, but I expect that to be negative too. But I'm not making up the joint pain, so I've ordered some supplements and I'll probably go see a rheumatologist anyway.
starrydreamer

Postby sweettalk » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:24 pm

i have RA and my rheumatoid test was negative, as well. the dr i saw said that it happens sometimes, so i'm glad you're going in anyway.
Airplanes are actually much, much safer than trains and cars when it comes to flying.
sweettalk

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around