Our new OTTB!

Insane Crazy

Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:50 am

Right now we are calling him "Win," and I fear Twinkie Winks may be staying. I think his future show name maybe Win-Win Situation, though. Maybe. We'll see. It changes daily.

He's a big goober but SO smart. He is very curious and though he may startle, he's very thoughtful about his responses and has yet to be a total goofball on the end of the lead or walking anywhere. Yay!

Now, behaving himself when his neighbor girlfriend is out of her stall...that's another story.... :roll:
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Prairie Bayou

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:41 pm

I know you said you call him Win. You could also use Wink. Considering it is part of his name and the name of a famous jockey. Whatever you call him he is undoubtedly beautiful and in a great home. Which in the end is all that matters most.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Insane Crazy

Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Win is the name that has stuck, but you're right! We tried on Wink for a while, but it just didn't fit quite right. Win, however, has been spot on.

He's a big goof. Smart, brave, and totally too clever for his own good, but also still a bit of a baby and learning as he goes! But, we just got him cleared for as much tack walking as he can stand, so guess who is working for a living now!

Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Starine

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:33 pm

Aww, I bet he's happy to be back at work.

Right now I myself am conditioning a friend's Say Florida Sandy gelding for endurance riding. He does enjoy the trails but he'll need shoes back on soon as he is extremely tender-footed. And he's been good since those two times he tried to buck me off. ;)
Insane Crazy

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:41 pm

Starine wrote:Aww, I bet he's happy to be back at work.

Right now I myself am conditioning a friend's Say Florida Sandy gelding for endurance riding. He does enjoy the trails but he'll need shoes back on soon as he is extremely tender-footed. And he's been good since those two times he tried to buck me off. ;)
He sure does seem to prefer having someone in the saddle vs. circling endlessly on the lead. He's a cutie.

Excited to hear more about your endurance gelding! We have an OTTB who is pushing 13/14 and just got his shoes off for the winter -- ouchie feets, for sure!
CoronadosQuest

Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:36 am

He is cute!

His name reminds me of Tiddlywinks lol which is a game.