This is incredibly awesome:

http://m.eonline.com/news/731136/adele- ... mes-corden
"This is how we roll in the Shire." -- Leonard
dustino140

Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:24 am

Love Adeke!
Horsebagger

Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:54 am

what came first, this guy's Car Pool Karaoke or Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee?
Insane Crazy

Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:27 pm

Horsebagger wrote:what came first, this guy's Car Pool Karaoke or Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee?
Seinfeld's, I'd guess. James Corden took over the Late Late Show somewhat recently and I think this may be a newer spot within that show.

I like James Corden more, though, so at least there's something for everyone.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Somnambulist

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:39 pm

I thought deadmau5 started this when he would pick up other producers/dj's in his Ferrari and drive them around. It came out around the same time Sienfeld started his, but I can't ever remember who started it first.

I don't know, I'm not really an Adele fan. Her music is overwhelmingly soporific, and it's depressing. I suppose hearing "depressing" from someone who really, really enjoys heavy metal.. but ay. How many times can you hear someone belt the same thing out before you just lose your mind.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
lurkey mclurker

Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:57 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:
Horsebagger wrote:what came first, this guy's Car Pool Karaoke or Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee?
Seinfeld's, I'd guess. James Corden took over the Late Late Show somewhat recently and I think this may be a newer spot within that show.

I like James Corden more, though, so at least there's something for everyone.
My favorite one was with Stevie Wonder... it was fantastic and hilarious. :mrgreen:
stark

Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:14 pm

dustino140 wrote:Love Adeke!
For those that weren't sure what a deke was....

A deke feint or fake is an ice hockey technique whereby a player draws an opposing player out of position or is used to skate by an opponent while maintaining possession and control of the puck.[1] The term is a Canadianism formed by abbreviating the word decoy.[citation needed]

The deke can be used to move the puck out of reach of an opposing player, move the puck past the opposing player, or quickly change direction of the puck so the opposing player is caught out of position. Dekes are usually used in combination with either a change of direction or speed, or both; the deke may refer to the entire sequence of actions as well as the maneuver(s) made with the stick. Often a change in direction or a change in speed is enough to get past an opposing player, but dekes are used in combination with these to better protect the puck and get by a defender.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Admin

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:12 pm

Lol............
Admin

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:18 pm

Som, I liked her songs but wasn't really a fan until I saw her televised concert recently. She is just cool. She is cool to teens and grandmas. Her crossover appeal is really pretty incredible. Nothing about her says she's so young, yet she is. She has that Brit humor. I'm a big fan now.

Metal? That's so 80s, girl! ;-)
Somnambulist

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:53 pm

Ugh! There was no heavy metal in the 80's. Just that awful hair metal. And thrash.

I will admit that there is a real focus on her being popular specifically because she has legit talent, and that's abnormal.. and pretty cool. The focus isn't on her being trashy and singing about trashy stuff.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Starine

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:44 pm

I think Adele's songs sound all the same. I hope Adeke has a new sound.
stark

Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:20 am

....and speaking of carpool karaoke with James Corden, there have been quite a few since this thread was last visited, but last night's version with Sir Paul McCartney had to be one of the best ever.

https://youtu.be/QjvzCTqkBDQ
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.