TV Discussion Thread

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby Tessablue » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:49 pm

I know nobody else on here watches Twin Peaks but that was the most joy one hour of... any media... has ever given me. I can't wait to see the ending but I'm going to be so sad when it's over. It's just so beautiful and humanistic and badly needed right now.
Tessablue

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:05 pm

Twin Peaks, like so many of the MCU series, is shown only on a media platform that doesn't work for me.
I've read good/intriguing things about TP, so I'm glad someone gets to enjoy it.

I'm still basking in the afterglow of Game Of Thrones' season finale. It gave us better character developments than I'd been seeing this season, so Yay character depth.
And all those deaths that articles were predicting, as though there was going to be Red Wedding-style carnage...?

SPOILERS follow, so hide your eyes.

No carnage. Just one, very satisfying demise. :twisted:
Well, maybe 'no carnage' isn't quite accurate. There was the very spectacular fall of what one could call a major character at the end.
I don't think I can wait a whole year.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby sweettalk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:48 am

the time of travel still is an issue, though. very irritating.

INC SPOILERS

THAT DEATH. i have never been more pleased for anything, ever, in anything. ever. even horse racing, and this is fictional. get rekt, son.

little miss selfishliar mcbrotherlovin' has lost basically everyone. she's in a lot of trouble, i think. ... good :twisted:

i anticipate some dragon x dragon combat... and i expect dany to be left with a single dragon =\ i hope i'm wrong, but...
Airplanes are actually much, much safer than trains and cars when it comes to flying.
sweettalk

Postby canvasjockey » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:57 am

I found that episode very gratifying!
Carole ~ Equine Artist
Website/Blog - Facebook - Prints and Originals on Etsy & Fine Art America

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W. C. Fields</div>
canvasjockey

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:01 pm

SPOILER-ish.....

From a practical weapons viewpoint...why the heck hasn't anyone thought of using dragonglass shards as arrow points?
The World of Westeros has many examples of archers in both Westerosi armies and mounted Dothraki. It has to be easier to make small arrow points, especially since the shards don't have to be perfect; they just have to slightly penetrate the wights on any part of their body to 'kill' them.
And your archers can wipe out masses of the dead from a distance. Instead of wading waist-deep into waves of wights with those short knives, send waves of arrows at them. :roll:
If I were Dany, I'd mount the best archer I could find behind me on Drogon, with saddlebags of dragonglass arrows. We could go White Walker hunting from a safe distance.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby peeptoad » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Tessablue wrote:I know nobody else on here watches Twin Peaks but that was the most joy one hour of... any media... has ever given me. I can't wait to see the ending but I'm going to be so sad when it's over. It's just so beautiful and humanistic and badly needed right now.

I'll watch this eventually... the original is one of my top 5-10 shows of all time.
peeptoad

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:56 pm

I cheered when the person was killed. About damned time.

Now I'm starting on Big Little Lies.
starrydreamer

Postby sweettalk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:39 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:SPOILER-ish.....

From a practical weapons viewpoint...why the heck hasn't anyone thought of using dragonglass shards as arrow points?
The World of Westeros has many examples of archers in both Westerosi armies and mounted Dothraki. It has to be easier to make small arrow points, especially since the shards don't have to be perfect; they just have to slightly penetrate the wights on any part of their body to 'kill' them.
And your archers can wipe out masses of the dead from a distance. Instead of wading waist-deep into waves of wights with those short knives, send waves of arrows at them. :roll:
If I were Dany, I'd mount the best archer I could find behind me on Drogon, with saddlebags of dragonglass arrows. We could go White Walker hunting from a safe distance.

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:SPOILER-ish.....

MORE SPOILERS

why didn't Jamie just kill cersei during their exchange?
hey dany see that teeny grp of walkers up on that hill not fighting us? turn drogon just a bit and scorch em eh?

There's been some pretty iffy writing as far as practicality goes, but I guess then the series would be long over with no action :lol: rational thinking isn't very interesting.

and then there's sam who wins with the "??? how did you use this limitless knowledge to cure jorah??" by being the cheeky fellow we all would have been. that was like a deliberate "flaw" in the writing just so we could get that bone thrown to us and i approve.
Airplanes are actually much, much safer than trains and cars when it comes to flying.
sweettalk

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:38 am

why didn't Jamie just kill cersei during their exchange?

Maybe because that Mountain of a guard, the not-exactly-alive former Gregor Clegane, was hovering nearby? :P
Pretty sure Jaime would have been in two pieces by the time he had his sword half-drawn. And even if he had been real quick (perhaps with a hidden dagger?) with the murder, he still would have been messily dead seconds later.
Even if Jaime were ready to kill Cersei (and die himself), I don't think he could kill her unborn child. HIS unborn child. :shock:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby sweettalk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:58 am

take one for the team, jamie! :lol:
sweettalk

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around