TV Discussion Thread

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby Sparrow Castle » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:39 pm

Blackhawks broadcaster Eddie Olczyk is cancer-free: ‘We beat this thing’
Eddie Olczyk finished his chemotherapy on Feb. 21. Then he had to wait nearly six weeks for his final scans to determine if the cancer was indeed gone.

“I don’t know what those scans are going to say and I’m scared still,” he said on March 2. “What will they say? What are they going to tell me?”

Well, because of emergency hernia surgery, Olczyk had his scans early — and he got the news he and so many in the hockey world had been waiting for. He’s cancer-free.

“I’ve had enough crying to last me a lifetime,” Olczyk said on NBC Sports Chicago on Thursday night. “I got the call on March 14 at 5:07 p.m. letting me know my scans were clear. And I never heard a better phrase in my life. I’m now 10 days on with the rest of my life.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/blackhawks-broadcaster-eddie-olczyk-is-cancer-free-we-beat-this-thing/amp/
Sparrow Castle

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:14 am

Good for Eddie.
It's nice to get some good news after the last few days, when it seemed bad news was on repeat, repeat, repeat.... :(
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Prairie Bayou » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:12 am

Any The Walking Dead fans here?
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Previous

Return to Horsin' Around