TV Discussion Thread

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby Prairie Bayou » Mon May 15, 2017 1:49 pm

BlindLucky wrote:I'm a bit behind on Once Upon a Time, but um... these characters are NOT returning next season? So basically, the whole focus of the show?

Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison)
Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin)
Prince Charming (Josh Dallas)
Henry (Jared Gilmore)
Belle (Emilie de Ravin)
Zelena (Rebecca Mader)

I stopped watching during the Frozen storyline. A friend of mine is obsessed with this show. Seeing how they could've wrapped this up this year what they are doing next year is stupid. They're taking all the major characters away. Those who have a solid fanbase. IMO they are putting a gun to the show's head an pulling the trigger. Which is a shame because many fans out there will see their show sink. Not fair to go out like that. It may be a hit, who knows but it just seems ridiculous.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:56 pm

They're going to focus on Hook, Gold/Rumple (or whatever his name is), and Regina. They really should have just ended the show.

I don't think that's entirely true. Judging by the last minutes of the finale,...
SPOILERS FOLLOW........

...it looks like the show skips forward in time. Henry is now grown, with a child who comes to his door bearing The Book. So, the stories might be about a new generation, with the ageless Dark One (Gold) and Queen (Regina) providing links to the past.
Hook showing up without Emma is odd, but perhaps they'll explain away as, 'A pirate can't settle down forever, and occasionally needs to go off on adventures?'
Maybe we'll see Snow's, Zelena's and Belle's babies as young adults, embarking on their own stories. That's my guess.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Prairie Bayou » Tue May 16, 2017 12:22 pm

Does anyone else watch Quantico?

I found last night's season ending to be okay with ending the series but hated the way they did the Clay / Shelby thing. I don't know if it will be back but I really do enjoy the show.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby Prairie Bayou » Wed May 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Last night's episode of The Flashwas heartbreaking. Savitar needs to die.
Prairie Bayou

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:50 pm

Yeah, that Flash episode was pretty dark, although the way the show has been handling the Iris story line, it seemed inevitable. :(
I also appreciate the way they didn't make Savitar/Future Flash a one-dimensional, evil-for-no-reason individual. His back story does show that he is also a tragic character.
The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. finale provided an emotional palate-cleanser, with equal doses of sorrow and kick-ass satisfaction.
And those final scenes? Outer space? WTF? :o
Since both Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok will have been released by the time the next season of Agents rolls around, I suspect that the developments in the Marvel Universe will affect what Coulson and Crew are doing.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:30 am

Holy heartbreak, Supernatural! :o
If all those deaths are permanent, this show is going through a bigger character reset than even Once Upon a Time.
I really hope for a small miracle, and a couple of my favorites find their way back next season.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby stark » Sat May 20, 2017 12:44 pm

New TV game show
WIN-PLACE-SHOW
open audition for contestants
looking for people with some amateur handicapping abilities
at Del Mar May 27th
http://winplaceshowtv.com/
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby sweettalk » Sun May 21, 2017 4:36 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Holy heartbreak, Supernatural! :o
If all those deaths are permanent, this show is going through a bigger character reset than even Once Upon a Time.
I really hope for a small miracle, and a couple of my favorites find their way back next season.

the REALLY BIG one says their character has a future, not sure abt the other 2.
Follow your heart. You need it. And where did it learn to scurry like that?
sweettalk

Postby Tessablue » Sun May 21, 2017 11:02 pm

TWIN PEAKS
Tessablue

Postby Spahny » Thu May 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Tessablue wrote:TWIN PEAKS

I told myself I was disappointed in the premier then I watched it 2 more times and will be watching episodes 2 and 3. I do want good Cooper back though. How often does Lynch give you what you want?

I'm guessing the glass box is Bill Gates little toy.
Spahny

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around