TV Discussion Thread

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:35 pm

Since dragonglass can cure grayscale? Some poor princess lived there and had hers stopped.

Poor Princess Shireen? :cry:
Yes, she had her greyscale stopped, 'stopped' being the operative word here. She wasn't cured and still had the rough scales on her face, even after her father's (curse him) efforts to find a cure.
But from what I remember, he never talked about using the dragonglass at the castle as part of her treatment. I think that would have come up. Speculation I've read suggests that her incidental exposure to the dragonglass particles that would have surrounded her may have helped stop her disease.
Maybe it can cure Jorah, but if it doesn't do more than stop the progression of the disease, the make-up/prosthetics department are going to have their hands full turning Iain Glen into someone who has gone into the later stages of greyscale. :shock:
Last edited by BaroqueAgain1 on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby starrydreamer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:Whyyyy did no one tell me about Jane the Virgin before now?! I'm just starting it on Netflix and it is hilarious.

JTV is literally one of my all time favorite shows! It's so, so, SO good. Handles a lot of fabulous issues with grace and charm, has an awesome cast, and is just so much fun.

Plus, I could look at Rafael literally all day long. Hoo boy.

HOLD. THE. PHONE.

Rafael was in Everwood????? How'd I never make that connection? I watched all of Everwood and I cannot for the life of me remember his character.
starrydreamer

Postby Insane Crazy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:40 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
Insane Crazy wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:Whyyyy did no one tell me about Jane the Virgin before now?! I'm just starting it on Netflix and it is hilarious.

JTV is literally one of my all time favorite shows! It's so, so, SO good. Handles a lot of fabulous issues with grace and charm, has an awesome cast, and is just so much fun.

Plus, I could look at Rafael literally all day long. Hoo boy.

HOLD. THE. PHONE.

Rafael was in Everwood????? How'd I never make that connection? I watched all of Everwood and I cannot for the life of me remember his character.

Wait. What?!?! I gotta google...

ETA: Tee hee. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjLozuhmKV0

Also:

GAME. OF. T H R O N E S.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby Tessablue » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:44 pm

Twin Peaks
Tessablue

Postby Somnambulist » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:42 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:GAME. OF. T H R O N E S.

That episode was amazing.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Insane Crazy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Insane Crazy wrote:GAME. OF. T H R O N E S.

That episode was amazing.

I was freaking out basically the whole time.

Pretty sure the last time more than two Starks were in the same place was when Ned was getting his head chopped off...whew. I love that this show is coming to a conclusion, because it's so much more fun this way.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby Somnambulist » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:21 pm

I read the spoiler (did not watch) but it was better on TV than it was in my mind. I prefer my endings ruined.

After the first two episodes dragged it's really picked up. I was pretty much Bran's biggest advocate forever but now he's just annoying. He could have elaborated on how the dagger was meant to kill him. :roll:

My only complaint is that things feel a little rushed and almost a little Hollywood-ish at parts. Drogon was awesome yesterday but am I really supposed to think Jamie just stands around and doesn't get hurt as the field goes up in flames?

My remaining are for Arya to kill Littlefinger and then use his face to make a deal with Cersei then kill her, Sansa to just go away and Jon Snow to ride a dragon. Sigh. I expect too much.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Insane Crazy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:18 pm

I've loved this whole season, but mostly I just want my Starks together. So. I'm doing alright, lol.

I am aggressively pro-Sansa, but if she doesn't slaughter Littlefinger (whose face sends me into a flying rage), your version with Arya using his face to kill Cersei is absolutely delicious.
Insane Crazy

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:23 pm

With their hard-won and varied strengths, the three Stark siblings are quite a fearsome trio, aren't they? :twisted:

There have been quite a few scenes this season that hark back to something that was said or done in earlier seasons. The show (and maybe the books, but I haven't read them) seems to like to bring things full circle with its characters, so I have this idea that Jaime's and Cersei's fates may be tied to one of the first...and most shocking...scenes from the first episode.
When young Bran sees Cersei and Jaime having sex, Jaime pushes Bran off the ledge, a terrible act done for the love of his sister.
Then, Cersei's and Jaime's last child, Tommen, threw himself to his death from a high window after his mother's reckless, ruthless destruction of the High Sept.
It would be a kind of justice-served fate for these two if Jaime, having come to the despairing realization that his lover is lost in world-destroying madness, wraps his arms around her lovingly...and then throws them both through that same high window.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby greyhorse » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:59 pm

Was I the only one who thought Jon made up the cave drawings to convince Dany to fight for him? They looked like amateur chalk art.
greyhorse

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around