TV Discussion Thread

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby BlindLucky » Fri May 12, 2017 2:55 pm

SyFy has had a good run lately with some of their best shows in years, PLUS they continue to renew them :D

The Expanse is fantastic, Killjoys is fun with some great cast chemistry, Dark Matter keeps getting more twisted, and even though I liked the books, I love The Magicians (the show).
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby BlindLucky » Fri May 12, 2017 2:57 pm

And did anyone watch Legion and come out on the other side with their sanity intact? I loved it, even though I didn't know WTF was going on half the time.
BlindLucky

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Yes, Legion was wonderful, with a lyrically twisting story development. Even when I wasn't sure if the scene I was watching was a memory, a fantasy or reality, it was always compelling to watch.
You're right about SyFy...they have left the cheesy stuff behind and are doing some of the best storytelling around, and not just in the fantasy/science fiction genre.
The Expanse has been so well-written and acted, with amazing graphics and effects. I wonder if we will ever see Miller's character again, maybe in a new, rather alien, incarnation? ;)
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Prairie Bayou » Fri May 12, 2017 6:04 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been renewed for another season. :D

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they bring back Ward. I really miss him. For more than just a special occasion. Maybe turn him into an android?
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby Big Ten » Sat May 13, 2017 10:02 am

Just waiting for Season 7 of Game of Thrones and Season 4 of Silicon Valley. I think Man Seeking Woman stopped being funny after Season 1. Season 3 feels kinda bleh and worse than S2 which wasn't a season I liked. I will still download them from Piratebay to store into my 2tb external hard drive along with the corny but with Naked Gun LOL moments of Angie Tribeca. Surreal comedy is pretty funny to me.
Rock Hard Ten. Zenyatta. Cigar. Ghostzapper. Lava Man. California Chrome. American Pharoah. Seattle Slew. Secretariat. Affirmed.
Big Ten

Postby BlindLucky » Sun May 14, 2017 1:43 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote: The Expanse has been so well-written and acted, with amazing graphics and effects. I wonder if we will ever see Miller's character again, maybe in a new, rather alien, incarnation? ;)

Oh, I hope so! I had my fingers crossed the whole way through the season finale for this exact thing :lol:
BlindLucky

Postby BlindLucky » Sun May 14, 2017 2:27 am

I'm a bit behind on Once Upon a Time, but um... these characters are NOT returning next season? So basically, the whole focus of the show?

Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison)
Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin)
Prince Charming (Josh Dallas)
Henry (Jared Gilmore)
Belle (Emilie de Ravin)
Zelena (Rebecca Mader)
BlindLucky

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun May 14, 2017 1:49 pm

So, the whole Charming family, plus Belle? And yet...Captain Hook's character is still going to be on the show? Without his True Love and Wife, Emma? Confusing. :?
BaroqueAgain1

Postby canvasjockey » Sun May 14, 2017 11:37 pm

BlindLucky wrote:And did anyone watch Legion and come out on the other side with their sanity intact? I loved it, even though I didn't know WTF was going on half the time.
Loved Legion! Normally I don't like when shows/movies get so weird you don't know what's going on, but this acid trip was a really fun ride AND they actually managed to bring it around to where it make some sense!

Glad Agents of SHIELD is coming back too, wish they'd continued with Agent Carter.
Carole ~ Equine Artist
Website/Blog - Facebook - Prints and Originals on Etsy & Fine Art America

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W. C. Fields</div>
canvasjockey

Postby starrydreamer » Mon May 15, 2017 9:27 am

BlindLucky wrote:I'm a bit behind on Once Upon a Time, but um... these characters are NOT returning next season? So basically, the whole focus of the show?

Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison)
Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin)
Prince Charming (Josh Dallas)
Henry (Jared Gilmore)
Belle (Emilie de Ravin)
Zelena (Rebecca Mader)

They're going to focus on Hook, Gold/Rumple (or whatever his name is), and Regina. They really should have just ended the show.

Master of None season 2 is out! First, I need to finish Anne With An E... although I'm not sure how I feel about this "grittier" version. Part of the magic of the books is that everything was so nice, even when sad things happened. But I also don't like how badly the original 1980s movies veered away from the books (although I miss that romantical theme song).

Big problem with Anne With an E - they turned Billy Andrews into a bully. In the books, he was a very agreeable, nice guy, who was considered a bit "simple." He got his sister to propose to Anne in the book where Anne got proposed to by all the men. I suppose they wanted to have an antagonist, but again, the Anne series didn't really have any. Which, sure, isn't reality, but if I wanted mean, I'd rewatch 13 Reasons Why.
starrydreamer

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around