TV Discussion Thread

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby greyhorse » Thu May 25, 2017 7:51 pm

Game of Thrones Season 7 Trailer!!! "And then it doesn't matter whose skeleton sits on the Iron Throne."

https://youtu.be/giYeaKsXnsI
greyhorse

Postby stark » Wed May 31, 2017 11:48 pm

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby BlindLucky » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:14 am

Long Strange Trip on Amazon Prime was fantastic. If you like the Grateful Dead, have ever been into their music, or were just curious about that huge chunk of culture... it was so good. I went to a lot of Dead shows and their music has a particularly big place in my heart, almost a soundtrack for my late high school and early college years. For me, the anecdotes I'd never heard before and the old footage I'd never seen were so worth the 4+ hours of watching :D

And I'm not a fan of poetry as a rule, but Robert Hunter is the closest I get--his lyrics are everything.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby starrydreamer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Whyyyy did no one tell me about Jane the Virgin before now?! I'm just starting it on Netflix and it is hilarious.
starrydreamer

Postby Insane Crazy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:20 am

starrydreamer wrote:Whyyyy did no one tell me about Jane the Virgin before now?! I'm just starting it on Netflix and it is hilarious.

JTV is literally one of my all time favorite shows! It's so, so, SO good. Handles a lot of fabulous issues with grace and charm, has an awesome cast, and is just so much fun.

Plus, I could look at Rafael literally all day long. Hoo boy.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby starrydreamer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:26 am

Insane Crazy wrote:
starrydreamer wrote:Whyyyy did no one tell me about Jane the Virgin before now?! I'm just starting it on Netflix and it is hilarious.

JTV is literally one of my all time favorite shows! It's so, so, SO good. Handles a lot of fabulous issues with grace and charm, has an awesome cast, and is just so much fun.

Yes! Gina Rodriguez brings so much to Jane. It reminds me a bit of Wonderfalls, with inanimate objects sometimes talking. Plus, so many minorities in the cast!
starrydreamer

Postby Insane Crazy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:37 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
Insane Crazy wrote:

Yes! Gina Rodriguez brings so much to Jane. It reminds me a bit of Wonderfalls, with inanimate objects sometimes talking. Plus, so many minorities in the cast!

Wonderfaaaaalllllssss! High five for one of my favorite obscure TV shows. :D

I love the diversity and I absolutely LOVE Jane. Her little alter egos and fantasy sequences are just fantastic.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby starrydreamer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:
Wonderfaaaaalllllssss! High five for one of my favorite obscure TV shows. :D

I love the diversity and I absolutely LOVE Jane. Her little alter egos and fantasy sequences are just fantastic.

I'm more than halfway done with season 2. I know what happens generally in season 3, though, so it feels a little like hurtling into a basket of pain.

The part where Jane and Rafael find out that there may be a chromosomal problem with their baby, though - this exactly happened to me. Except it was really obvious that my son had a major defect - the only question was whether it was caused by a chromosomal problem, in which case it likely would have been incompatible with life. I can still remember when I was 20 weeks pregnant and went to find out if I was having a boy or girl, and then the ultrasound tech's demeanor changed. Except our ultrasound tech told us generally what she saw.

My biggest problem with that part is where they didn't see a geneticist and then the facts surrounding amnio. Because they would have been referred. We did, and that's when we did amnio. The risk of miscarriage from amnio at 20 weeks is less than at, for example, 12 weeks. I'm glad they had her do the amnio, though.
starrydreamer

Postby Prairie Bayou » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:00 pm

Does anyone else watch Downward Dog on ABC?
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby ThreeMustangs » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Prairie Bayou wrote:Does anyone else watch Downward Dog on ABC?

Yes. We love love love Martin. The humans, not so much. But it's not a bad little show. Has it been renewed for next season?
ThreeMustangs

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around