TV Discussion Thread

TV Discussion Thread

Postby Insane Crazy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Figured with the new fall season about to start, we can't go long without this thread!

I'm most excited for S.H.I.E.L.D. and the return of Elementary. I will probably try to keep an eye on The Crazy Ones and Super Fun Night, as well as Almost Human and Blacklist.

Also, of course, we should mention older shows we're catching up on. Now that my fall quarter looks to be very relaxed, I will be trying to watch a looot of Netflix. I see Xena in my future.

I'm also watching Arrested Development right now. Honestly, I tried to watch this show and I was absolutely underwhelmed -- didn't laugh, didn't care about anyone, thought all the hype was nonsense. I caught snippets of season three on IFC and found it more entertaining, and have been catching episodes on and off on Netflix. I'm enjoying it a lot more now, though it's not my favorite.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby pointgivenfan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:48 pm

Basically I am about two months behind on *all* of my summer shows and need to catch up on them before Doctor Who and Downton Abbey come back and I add two more on which to fall behind.
"I am the man who with the utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
Avatar: Goldikova - 2010 Prix de la Foret, copyright yours truly. =)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timstephansen/
pointgivenfan

Postby Insane Crazy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:50 pm

You reminded me, of course Doctor Who is also on my list. Luckily for you, it's just the 50th Anniversary and the Christmas Special you have to catch up on for now -- I don't think they've even started filming Mr. Capaldi's 8th series yet. =)

And THAT reminds me, I will be trying to watch The Thick of It soon, too.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby War Admiral » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:18 pm

I can't wait until the new season of Downton Abbey. A friend if mine introduced me to the show several months ago and now I am enjoying watching the previous seasons on DVD. I love this show!
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.
War Admiral

Postby Kelly Kip » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:11 pm

My most anticipated are NCIS & NCIS LA, in addition to Downton Abbey. Just sucks we have to wait until JANUARY for DA!!
Kelly Kip

Postby BlindLucky » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Sleepy Hollow starts Monday night. I'll give it a shot, since I like the material AND it's filmed here in North Carolina--at least parts of it. They're using Tryon Palace in New Bern, near where I went to college, as one of the sets :D
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Prairie Bayou » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:32 pm

I really could clog this thread up with the stuff I watch. I'm looking forward to the following new shows:

Sleepy Hollow
The Originals (spin-off to The Vampire Diaries)
Dracula (starting to see a theme here and stars Jonathan Rhys Meyers of The Tudors)
Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Rein (probably won't catch on but I will watch)
Super Fun
The Tomorrow People
Hostages

I know I'm gonna have to give up something. LOLOLOLOL But the ratings will decide most of that.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby BlindLucky » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:14 pm

I finally just started watching 24 on Netflix. I never watched it when it was on TV, so it's completely new to me.

So, what I want to know is... how the hell am I supposed to sleep when I have all of the episodes available to me back-to-back?!
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Prairie Bayou » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:28 pm

That is the way I felt with The Killing. It's AWESOME!!!
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby pointgivenfan » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:12 pm

I watched the Burn Notice series finale this morning.
There was weeping.
"I am the man who with the utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
Avatar: Goldikova - 2010 Prix de la Foret, copyright yours truly. =)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timstephansen/
pointgivenfan

Next

Return to Horsin' Around