TV Discussion Thread

Re: TV Discussion Thread

Postby bare it all » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:47 am

sweettalk wrote:won't quiiiiiite make up for last night but it'll be pretty close, so I'll take it :twisted:

are you on /freefolk at all? If not and you enjoy discussing spoilers/theory, etc etc etc get on over there :)
bare it all

Postby sweettalk » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:23 pm

bare it all wrote:
sweettalk wrote:won't quiiiiiite make up for last night but it'll be pretty close, so I'll take it :twisted:

are you on /freefolk at all? If not and you enjoy discussing spoilers/theory, etc etc etc get on over there :)

eehhhhhh sounds like work, but i do greatly enjoy both, thanks for the heads up! i'll head over there after i run some errands, since my dragon/wyvern is small and also not alive, so she can't help.

Follow your heart. You need it. And where did it learn to scurry like that?
sweettalk

Postby starrydreamer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:53 pm

But seriously guys, Defenders.
starrydreamer

Postby canvasjockey » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:40 am

starrydreamer wrote:But seriously guys, Defenders.

Getting ready to start watching it tonight, very excited, have been waiting for this one!

And after a month or so of intermittent binge watching, my husband and I got through ALL of GOT and finally caught up in time to watch the new episode last Sunday! Yay!
Carole ~ Equine Artist
Website/Blog - Facebook - Prints and Originals on Etsy & Fine Art America

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W. C. Fields</div>
canvasjockey

Postby starrydreamer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:48 pm

canvasjockey wrote:

Getting ready to start watching it tonight, very excited, have been waiting for this one!

And after a month or so of intermittent binge watching, my husband and I got through ALL of GOT and finally caught up in time to watch the new episode last Sunday! Yay!

Finished it last night and loved it. I was worried I wouldn't be able to follow everything because I haven't seen Iron Fist, but they made it pretty easy to follow along.

Mostly, I was happy to see Jessica Jones. She's my favorite, and she had some pretty good quips.
starrydreamer

Postby canvasjockey » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:47 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
canvasjockey wrote:

Finished it last night and loved it. I was worried I wouldn't be able to follow everything because I haven't seen Iron Fist, but they made it pretty easy to follow along.

Mostly, I was happy to see Jessica Jones. She's my favorite, and she had some pretty good quips.

Enjoyed the first episode... hoping to catch more tonight. Iron Fist was our hold up, we had one episode left before we ran out of steam months ago, and seemed worth finishing it up first. Iron Fist wasn't near as good as the other three, and seems even stranger now that we've watched GOT (Iron Fist is played by the same actor that was Ser Loras). So nice to see Jessica Jones again, it seems like it's been a long time! I'm really stoked about the Punisher this fall, his stint in Daredevil definitely bodes well for his own series.
Carole ~ Equine Artist

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W. C. Fields</div>
canvasjockey

Postby starrydreamer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:54 pm

:lol: :lol: I did not know Iron Fist and Ser Loras are/were played by the same actor. Everyone told me to skip Iron Fist, that it's not good. I'm kinda glad I didn't watch because he sorta annoyed me in Defenders. I did, however, like Colleen Wing... who is played by an actor on GoT, too (she is/was one of the Sand Snakes).
starrydreamer

Postby canvasjockey » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:47 pm

starrydreamer wrote::lol: :lol: I did not know Iron Fist and Ser Loras are/were played by the same actor. Everyone told me to skip Iron Fist, that it's not good. I'm kinda glad I didn't watch because he sorta annoyed me in Defenders. I did, however, like Colleen Wing... who is played by an actor on GoT, too (she is/was one of the Sand Snakes).

Colleen Wing is awesome, as were most of the other characters in Iron Fist come to think of it... if it wasn't for the petulant whiny excuse for a hero, lol, it might have been a much better show! Gah... that was her in GOT? I thought she looked familiar!
Carole ~ Equine Artist

canvasjockey

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:58 pm

A little over six hours to the season finale of Game of Thrones, and I am bouncing between eager anticipation and unhappy dread. The latter because, once this evening's episode is over, we will have to wait at least a year (or more? :() to see what happens next.
Oh, and also envy...because the way the characters have been zipping around the continent, Westeros clearly has an efficient high-speed rail system. And we don't. :P
BaroqueAgain1

Postby canvasjockey » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:45 pm

We're getting ready to watch GoT soon... made a pot o' chili so dinner's taken care of.

Finished Defenders... loved it, especially since Iron Fist was not NEAR as annoying as he was in his own show (you have been warned).
Carole ~ Equine Artist

canvasjockey

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around