Ballerina UPDATED 3/5/16

Catalina

Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:32 pm

Being home is encouraging news!
Last edited by Catalina on Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:10 pm

Wow....scary and wonderful all at once. I hope Bal continues to defy her challenges, and recovers completely.
Ballerina

Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:37 pm

Been home 3-1/2 weeks. Making progress albeit slowly. Lost 35 lbs. through this 75 day nightmare (Hospital 60 days; Rehab 15). I'm but a shadow of my former self. I still have pain, but I have to stay away from narcotics - I do not deal well with them. I stay fairy comfortable with Tramadol. A Physical Therapist comes in twice a week, and that's helping a lot.

Saratoga is dicey. I can not walk without the assistance of someone/something. It hurts my heart to think about it.

The photos and stories about the DAN boys brought a broad smile to my face. I always thought Wise Dan to be a big horse, but in some of those shots, he's dwarfed by his brother.

I'm grateful to all the doctors, nurses, technicians who cared for me, and I', especially grateful for al the concern and good wishes sent by members of TBC and my FB page. It helps A LOT. Thank you all so much.
Sparrow Castle

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Ballerina wrote:Been home 3-1/2 weeks. Making progress albeit slowly. Lost 35 lbs. through this 75 day nightmare (Hospital 60 days; Rehab 15). I'm but a shadow of my former self. I still have pain, but I have to stay away from narcotics - I do not deal well with them. I stay fairy comfortable with Tramadol. A Physical Therapist comes in twice a week, and that's helping a lot.

Saratoga is dicey. I can not walk without the assistance of someone/something. It hurts my heart to think about it.

The photos and stories about the DAN boys brought a broad smile to my face. I always thought Wise Dan to be a big horse, but in some of those shots, he's dwarfed by his brother.

I'm grateful to all the doctors, nurses, technicians who cared for me, and I', especially grateful for al the concern and good wishes sent by members of TBC and my FB page. It helps A LOT. Thank you all so much.
So good to hear from you, Bal! Was hoping the Dan boys would catch your attention. Just can't seem to think about Wise Dan without thinking about you, his #1 fan. :D

You've been through a lot to heal from, so slow steady progress is good. Saratoga is a long way off yet...keep the faith. It could be good to have a goal to work towards.

Prayers and best wishes for continuing progress and relief from pain!
lurkey mclurker

Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:52 pm

So glad you are home!! I wish you were more comfortable :( but I am glad you have competent & caring people looking after you. Best wishes for a continued rapid recovery so you are pain-free and more mobile soon!!
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:43 pm

Glad to know you're home and feeling up to posting here. I'm sorry to hear that pain relief is a challenge, but take advantage of all the physical therapy you can get. A good therapist is the best medicine...along with a good laugh and photos of the 'Dans, of course.
Heal soon.
Starine

Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:38 am

Welcome back, Bal. ;) Next time don't stay away so long.
PostTimeMike

Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:34 pm

Glad to see you're home and doing better. That was quite a scare!! Stay positive and keep "Toga" as a goal!! Hopefully we'll meet there one year and possibly a "TBC Get-together"!! 8-)
WarBiscuit

Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:50 pm

Echoing the sentiments of all here - it's wonderful to have you back. Sending all best wishes for a complete recovery your way, and yes, Saratoga is a little way off
yet - time and rest will do their work.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
perfectsoul

Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:17 pm

Glad to see you're back. Sorry that you've been through the mill, but it sounds like you are on the mend. We are all thinking of you, and missing you.
Catalina

Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:15 pm

Ballerina wrote:Been home 3-1/2 weeks. Making progress albeit slowly. Lost 35 lbs. through this 75 day nightmare (Hospital 60 days; Rehab 15). I'm but a shadow of my former self. I still have pain, but I have to stay away from narcotics - I do not deal well with them. I stay fairy comfortable with Tramadol. A Physical Therapist comes in twice a week, and that's helping a lot.

It's wonderful to hear from you, Bal!!! Hang in there, things will improve with time, it's just a very slow process, especially in the beginning.
Della

Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:46 am

Great to have you back here. You have been missed! Keep Saratoga as a goal.
aspidistraa

Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:01 pm

Hope you continue to make progress, Bal. With the weather improving, I'm sure you will heal faster. Keep us posted!
Rick1323

Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Welcome home Bal!
Everyone come home sound.....
EquineAnne

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:59 am

I am happy you are on the mend. God bless and watch over you.

Sincerely,
Mary
Pan Zareta

Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:52 pm

I'm glad you're home. I hope the rest of your recovery goes well, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be able to go to Saratoga. I always enjoys your posts and photos from there.
canvasjockey

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:48 pm

Wow, what an ordeal! So glad you're home and getting back to some kind of normal! Hope to see you more here as you're ready!
Carole ~ Equine Artist
Website/Blog - Facebook - Prints and Originals on Etsy & Fine Art America

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people." - W. C. Fields</div>
Ashado

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:44 pm

I'm so glad to hear you are on the mend Bal! You have a long time before Saratoga, worry now about getting stronger every day. I have faith you'll make it there. Prayers and positive healing thoughts for a speedy recovery!!
Formerly klsyr1
islandgirl45

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:54 pm

Wow, you've really been through the wringer, Bal. Sending prayers and best wishes for a continued, steady recovery.
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
~President Dwight Eisenhower
EquineAnne

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:28 am

VERY happy you are doing better. Keep it up.