College Football

College Football

Postby PJMIII » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Big Game this weekend is Alabama at Texas A&M. Can Alabama stop Johnny Manziel?

Coaches say Johnny Manziel is becoming tougher to stop

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... l/2805243/
Last edited by PJMIII on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
PJMIII

Re: College Football

Postby Insane Crazy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:48 pm

Sportsball! Win the points!

Uh, so, I've never been to a home football game, and I'm a senior this year. Northwestern has only been getting better the whole time I've been here, so I will make a point to go once or twice -- probably homecoming against Ohio State and maybe the Michigan game. We were ranked out of the gate and our defense is finally looking a bit more perky than usual. We got our bowl game win last year and people can barely contain themselves. Fingers crossed for a great year!
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby Karen » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:55 pm

After watching the first two games, A&M's offense has improved. It improved from the first to the second game, and hopefully will keep on doing just that. Johnny is staying in the pocket a little longer and his passing has improved. We have 4 defensive starters that are coming off a two game suspension, so I hope that strengthens up the defense. It is going to be one heck of a game! So...BTHObama, Gig'em, and WHOOP!
Karen

Postby Somnambulist » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:22 am

I'm kind of surprised A&M v. Bama didn't get a prime time spot.

Some kid in the crowd was just waving a sign saying something along the lines of a ticket to this game cost a fortune, making the sign cost him some money, and the degree he'll get from Alabama is useless. I thought it was very funny.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby PJMIII » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Bama wins 49-42. A&M's defense better improve. They will real problems with teams that run the ball.
PJMIII

Postby Man o Taz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Bo Pelini making Husker Nation embarrassed again.

Granted he has a lot of youngsters on the team, but when are the excuses going to stop.

He did not have youngsters last year in those positions.

Heck, other teams start freshmen and win.

And that's not including the off field behavior.
And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath over it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse.
-Bedouin Legend

Give to Old Friends, or your favorite local horse rescue.
Man o Taz

Postby War Admiral » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:46 pm

Go Dawgs!! Watching GA play North Texas right now.
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.
War Admiral

Postby Ioya Two » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Ohio State beats FAMU 76-0. That game was a blowout. But, go BUCKS! Kenny Guitton is amazing, and he's our backup. LOL.
Pulpit 1994-2012
Ioya Two

Postby PJMIII » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:56 am

Players mark gear in protest

In a gesture that organizers hope turns into an athlete-driven national movement, players from Georgia Tech, Georgia and Northwestern took the field Saturday with gear they had marked up to protest the NCAA's treatment of athletes on issues ranging from concussions to compensation.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... otest-ncaa
PJMIII

Postby PJMIII » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:07 am

Alabama still No. 1 in AP poll

With most of the top teams merely tuning up, there was little movement in The Associated Press college football poll this week. Alabama remained No. 1 and the first 14 teams in the rankings held their positions from last week.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9708285/alabama-crimson-tide-oregon-ducks-remain-1-2-latest-associated-press-poll
PJMIII

Next

Return to Horsin' Around