College Football

PJMIII

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Big Game this weekend is Alabama at Texas A&M. Can Alabama stop Johnny Manziel?

Coaches say Johnny Manziel is becoming tougher to stop

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... l/2805243/
Last edited by PJMIII on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Insane Crazy

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:48 pm

Sportsball! Win the points!

Uh, so, I've never been to a home football game, and I'm a senior this year. Northwestern has only been getting better the whole time I've been here, so I will make a point to go once or twice -- probably homecoming against Ohio State and maybe the Michigan game. We were ranked out of the gate and our defense is finally looking a bit more perky than usual. We got our bowl game win last year and people can barely contain themselves. Fingers crossed for a great year!
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Karen

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:55 pm

After watching the first two games, A&M's offense has improved. It improved from the first to the second game, and hopefully will keep on doing just that. Johnny is staying in the pocket a little longer and his passing has improved. We have 4 defensive starters that are coming off a two game suspension, so I hope that strengthens up the defense. It is going to be one heck of a game! So...BTHObama, Gig'em, and WHOOP!
Somnambulist

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:22 am

I'm kind of surprised A&M v. Bama didn't get a prime time spot.

Some kid in the crowd was just waving a sign saying something along the lines of a ticket to this game cost a fortune, making the sign cost him some money, and the degree he'll get from Alabama is useless. I thought it was very funny.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
PJMIII

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Bama wins 49-42. A&M's defense better improve. They will real problems with teams that run the ball.
Man o Taz

Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Bo Pelini making Husker Nation embarrassed again.

Granted he has a lot of youngsters on the team, but when are the excuses going to stop.

He did not have youngsters last year in those positions.

Heck, other teams start freshmen and win.

And that's not including the off field behavior.
And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath over it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse.
-Bedouin Legend

Give to Old Friends, or your favorite local horse rescue.
War Admiral

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:46 pm

Go Dawgs!! Watching GA play North Texas right now.
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.
Ioya Two

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:11 pm

Ohio State beats FAMU 76-0. That game was a blowout. But, go BUCKS! Kenny Guitton is amazing, and he's our backup. LOL.
Pulpit 1994-2012
PJMIII

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:56 am

Players mark gear in protest

In a gesture that organizers hope turns into an athlete-driven national movement, players from Georgia Tech, Georgia and Northwestern took the field Saturday with gear they had marked up to protest the NCAA's treatment of athletes on issues ranging from concussions to compensation.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... otest-ncaa
PJMIII

Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:07 am

Alabama still No. 1 in AP poll

With most of the top teams merely tuning up, there was little movement in The Associated Press college football poll this week. Alabama remained No. 1 and the first 14 teams in the rankings held their positions from last week.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... press-poll
Man o Taz

Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:12 am

Man o Taz wrote:Bo Pelini making Husker Nation embarrassed again.

Granted he has a lot of youngsters on the team, but when are the excuses going to stop.

He did not have youngsters last year in those positions.

Heck, other teams start freshmen and win.

And that's not including the off field behavior.
And Nebraska really put the screws to South Dakota State.

We'll see how long before they lose by 30 points again.

Will it be Northwestern or Michigan?
And Allah took a handful of southerly wind, blew His breath over it, and created the horse.... Thou shall fly without wings, and conquer without any sword. Oh, horse.
-Bedouin Legend

PJMIII

Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:38 am

Penn State to regain scholarships

The NCAA said Tuesday that it will reduce the unprecedented sanctions against Penn State's football program by gradually restoring scholarships starting next season. Officials did not rule out future modifications, such as reducing the four-year postseason ban.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... use-matter
PJMIII

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:47 am

Trojans fire coach Lane Kiffin

The USC Trojans have fired coach Lane Kiffin not six hours after dropping to 3-2 after a blowout loss to Arizona State.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college- ... owout-loss
PJMIII

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:53 am

UConn fires Paul Pasqualoni

Connecticut athletic director Warde Manuel says he's looking for a football coach who can bring more excitement, passion, and above all wins to UConn.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ball-coach
Man o Taz

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:16 am

PJMIII wrote:Trojans fire coach Lane Kiffin

The USC Trojans have fired coach Lane Kiffin not six hours after dropping to 3-2 after a blowout loss to Arizona State.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/college- ... owout-loss
The school showed no class the way they handled this meeting him at the airport.

They should have asked him to come in and done it as his office.

Kiffin can come across as arrogant, but he did not deserve to go out like this.
-Bedouin Legend

Insane Crazy

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:48 am

Northwestern campus is absolutely buzzing with excitement for the Ohio State game. A bunch of my friends were up at 3:30 AM to make to the pit behind the ESPN Gameday desk. I don't even really care about football, but the excitement is palpable. I can feel it in the air and it is infectious.

I'm not going to the game -- I planned to, but then I scored some theatre tickets that take serious precedence -- but I'm hoping for the very best for my senior homecoming!
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
War Admiral

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:04 pm

Watching a great me between Georgia and Tennesee. Tied up 24-24 with 2:40 to go in the game.
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.
Barnfour

Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:31 pm

War Admiral wrote:Watching a great me between Georgia and Tennesee. Tied up 24-24 with 2:40 to go in the game.

Wow ......DAWGS!!!!!!.....in OT.......both starting running backs injured as well as their three starting wide receivers and they still managed to pull it out~
“The heaviest penalty for declining to the rule is to be ruled by someone inferior to yourself.”
― Plato, The Republic
dustino140

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:19 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:Northwestern campus is absolutely buzzing with excitement for the Ohio State game. A bunch of my friends were up at 3:30 AM to make to the pit behind the ESPN Gameday desk. I don't even really care about football, but the excitement is palpable. I can feel it in the air and it is infectious.

I'm not going to the game -- I planned to, but then I scored some theatre tickets that take serious precedence -- but I'm hoping for the very best for my senior homecoming!
Did Northwestern fans purchase any tickets to the game? The Ohio State fans seem more prevalent and are much louder, at least on television.
seahawkgal

Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:38 pm

Michigan kicked the crap out of Minnesota today!!! WhooHoo! GoBlue!