Best vacuum cleaner on a budget

Starine

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:13 pm

I'm in the market for a vacuum cleaner and I'd really appreciate some suggestions. I've poured over reviews but am looking for some reviews from the good folks here at TBC.

Some considerations:

~ $150 roof
~ bagless preferred
~ good carpet cleaning is most important; hardwood cleaning not so much
~ must be good at picking up pet hair

The bestsellers in this category are the Hoover Wind Tunnel, Eureka Airspeed, and Bissel CleanView. But I have had several friends and coworkers rave to me about their Shark Navigator.

Any feedback on these? Other models you'd recommend checking out?
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:36 pm

I'm kind of interested to see what info you get, Starine. My old vacuum needs replacing and I like the idea of not having to deal with bags...and my cats shed a lot. :lol:
Starine

Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:13 am

The interesting thing is that Dyson is considered top of the line by many sources but several people told me that they were not happy with them and totally regretted the purchase. Even if I could afford to spend $500 or $600 on a vacuum cleaner... in theory that just seems absurd.
Ballerina

Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:40 am

I bought this one for our RV. I's so good and so powerful, I brought it home.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-843610 ... Multi/None

ETA - Here's the entire line=up at Kohl's. If you have discount coupons, you can save even more.

http://www.kohls.com/catalog/vacuums-fl ... sfloorcare
BlindLucky

Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:41 am

I bought a Shark from Target several years ago, forget the exact model but it's purple and has a bunch of pet hair attachments. It has never once lost suction, it cleans up after my three dogs like they weren't even there, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It wasn't very expensive either, but I don't remember the exact price.

It's bagless, and you can take it all apart and wash all the pieces, let them dry, then put it all back together again and it looks and works like you just took it out of the box. Seriously, I wouldn't give this thing up for anything :lol:

It cleans both my hardwood/tile and carpet, and the attachments work well for cleaning furniture and my stairs.

I don't mean to sound like a commercial, but I do love it :D
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Insane Crazy

Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:17 am

Ballerina wrote:I bought this one for our RV. I's so good and so powerful, I brought it home.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-843610 ... Multi/None

ETA - Here's the entire line=up at Kohl's. If you have discount coupons, you can save even more.

http://www.kohls.com/catalog/vacuums-fl ... sfloorcare
If there is one thing I've learned about you over the years Bal, it's that you can work the Kohl's coupons like no one else in this world. :D

Interested in the responses to this topic. Our vacuum is a POS and we need a new on too. Having waist-length hair is going to be the end of me and any vacuum I purchase.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Starine

Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:18 am

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'm really leaning strongly towards the Shark Navigator at this point.

One of the referees on my team posted this on my Facebook wall in response to my query: http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-cheap-vacuum/
Delamont

Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Starine wrote:The interesting thing is that Dyson is considered top of the line by many sources but several people told me that they were not happy with them and totally regretted the purchase. Even if I could afford to spend $500 or $600 on a vacuum cleaner... in theory that just seems absurd.

There's a reason they call it Die Soon.
Personal Ensign

Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:11 am

I love my Shark it is lightweight bagless has great suction
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
W. C. Fields

-Formerly LadyWeaver-
perfectsoul

Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Shark. Light and gets all the pet hair...all of it...which in my house is no small feat. Paid $140.00 at Walmart.
shewit1962

Thu May 19, 2016 2:24 am

Starine wrote:I'm in the market for a vacuum cleaner and I'd really appreciate some suggestions. I've poured over reviews but am looking for some reviews from the good folks here at TBC.

Some considerations:

~ $150 roof
~ bagless preferred

The bestsellers in this category are the Hoover Wind Tunnel, Eureka Airspeed, and Bissel CleanView. But I have had several friends and coworkers rave to me about their Shark Navigator.

I use a Dyson DC25 for all those things. Its not perfect for use in cars, but it is good enough for picking up pet hair. Dysons are more expensive than other brands, but they are last longer. I've had mine for 8 years now and its still going strong.
I brought it from: http://bestvacuumfortilefloors.com/dyso ... s-vacuums/
Starine

Thu May 19, 2016 12:20 pm

Thanks for your feedback. I ended up getting a Shark Navigator. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but I've been very happy with it. It's thorough, relatively quiet and comes with a lot of handy extensions. And smaller than any other vacuum I've owned.

I'm sure Dysons are nice but yeesh, I don't have $400+ to throw down on a vacuum cleaner and don't really see why anyone else would need to either.
BlindLucky

Thu May 19, 2016 2:10 pm

Good choice. With 3 shedding dogs, my Shark has been going strong for almost 8 years already.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu May 19, 2016 2:32 pm

I bought a Shark Navigator on sale at Bed, Bath & Beyond (less than $150 w/their handy 20% off coupon :D ) after Christmas. It's ugly as hell, but light, easy to use and quiet. Also has astounding suction. It pulled so much dust, dander and fur out of my carpets that it felt like I had never vacuumed my carpets before. :oops:
Somnambulist

Thu May 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Starine wrote:
I'm sure Dysons are nice but yeesh, I don't have $400+ to throw down on a vacuum cleaner and don't really see why anyone else would need to either.
Well if you had the type of money to spend on a $400 vacuum no problem, I'm sure you'd be looking to spend it on something. :D
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
dustino140

Fri May 20, 2016 9:52 am

Isn't the more fascinating thing that shewbit made that their first post on the forum?
Starine

Fri May 20, 2016 10:36 am

dustino140 wrote:Isn't the more fascinating thing that shewbit made that their first post on the forum?
It's shewit. ;) And yes, I did notice that it was her first post, and on a thread that hadn't been discussed in several months.

But welcome anyway, shewit!
albert147

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:25 am

Starine wrote:I'm in the market for a Tile floor vacuum cleaner and I'd really appreciate some suggestions. I've poured over reviews but am looking for some reviews from the good folks here at TBC.

Some considerations:

~ $150 roof
~ bagless preferred

I have a better suggestion. You can check out on this website BestVacuumforTilefloor.com. They can provide you best reviews and suggestion on Vacuum Cleaner.
Last edited by albert147 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlindLucky

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:30 am

That's some well thought out spam, inserting "tile floor" into Starine's original post.
SamuelArnold

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:48 am

My suggestion will be to buy Hoover T-Series WindTunnel UH70210 . Affordable price and a very good vacuum for pet hair. You can check the top 10 vacs and review here . http://bestvacuumcleaner.org/10-best-va ... -pet-hair/