Happiness

Re: Happiness

Postby Somnambulist » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:03 pm

My root canal was phenomenal. Literally.

I can eat PAIN FREE for the first time in a month!! My dentist told me I was the happiest person to ever sit for one.. but who cares! It was numb!
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby ElPrado2 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:17 pm

More car fun.
The same family that owns the nursery are very hard on cars.
They have another SUV that seems to have killed a battery. Today, I watched 4 guys standing around it for half an hour. One of them attached jumper cables. Then he stood around for a while holding them. Then another guy took them and he stood around holding them. A 3rd guy stood there drinking a soda. The last one wandered around trying not to do anything at all. The guy with the soda waved arms a bit. The cables changed hands back to the original cable holder. Everyone stood around a while longer. The guy with the soda managed to find the garbage can and tossed the empty can in. They slammed the hood shut after tossing the cables on top of the engine compartment. Everyone went inside.
I need to make movies. I could sell this stuff on some wacky cable network, I am sure.
Even better, their next door neighbors are my drunk dopers for the neighborhood. They are always good for helping with something. All sorts of things can happen there. I was there thanking one for some yard work one evening about 6. Another one wanders in, gets his dog and goes outside. Next thing I know he comes back in, stark naked, with the dog wet from a bath, and he is looking for his underwear. He and his dog had had a shower. I just turned my head so he was not in full glory. The man I am talking to just shakes his head and looks down at the floor.
I am not sure if that one would sell.
ElPrado2

Postby Sham » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:17 am

Just back from Munich/Oktoberfest and Prague. I now understand the concept and necessity of detox.
Soto, Suni, Sham, whichever.
Sham

Postby Ballerina » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:27 am

Went grocery shopping at Harris Teeter yesterday. I normally don't shop there because their prices are a bit higher than Food Lion, but they had a lot 2 for 1 deals advertized. Normally, their Cadbury ice cream bars are $5.19 box for 8. They were 2 for 1. I was happy. So was Bill. I love sales.
Last edited by Ballerina on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ballerina

Postby peeptoad » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:53 am

I love this time of year. October is my favorite month for a number of reasons:

1. cooler weather (except for this week, argh)
2. gearing up for the Breeder's Cup
3. Halloween
4. horror movies!!!
5. NFL is in full swing

I usually take the last week of October as vacation every year, partly for my horror movie challenge on another board, partly so I can go on a hiking trip or two with my dad, and partly to prepare for the BC.

:D
peeptoad

Postby Somnambulist » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:41 pm

My degree proved useful for once - I, my family, and my good friends are all eating and drinking for free this weekend.

I'm glad it basically just did all the things a solid rich man could have done for me, but less frequently. Thank you higher education!
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Horsecrazygal21 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:25 pm

The Lions week 4 game was AMAZING to watch!! I am still euphoric over the win 2 days later.

I got my tickets for Thunder From Down Under again :D

I cut up my credit card this morning before work and threw it in the trash. Didn't even bat an eye now I just have to pay off the balance and cancel it. Imagine how much more money I will save for other things when I don't have to make a credit card payment! :mrgreen: I feel awesome right now!
Horsecrazygal21

Postby Pan Zareta » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:53 pm

We're on countdown, leaving for Chile four weeks from today. We made a change to our itinerary. We'd originally planned to spend the entire vacation in Santiago and Valparaiso/Vina del Mar. Then we realized this might be our only chance to see penguins in their native habitat. So we're taking a few days out of our stay in Santiago and heading south to Punta Arenas on the Strait of Magellan. We're going to spend most of one day on Magdalena Island, which is home to over 100,000 Magellanic penguins and lots of sea lions. Then we're going to visit a recently established colony at a place called Seno Otway. We're also going to try to see Cape Horn, weather and time permitting. Punta Arenas looks like an interesting place. Lots of little cafes, coffee shops, art galleries, etc.

We're shopping for a new digital camera for the trip, and I'm open to/appreciative of suggestions. I want something with a good zoom, good video, more than the basic point & shoot but not something big and bulky.
Pan Zareta

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:59 pm

You're headed to a spectacularly beautiful area, so I hope you get good weather and lots of photos.
But...if you're leaving in four weeks, does that mean you're going to miss the Breeders' Cup?!?
Hope you've got a DVR.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Pan Zareta » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:26 pm

It's supposed to be a good time of year weatherwise, so I'm hoping for sunshine and blue skies. The days are very long that time of year. The sun doesn't set until around 10:30 p.m. I hate missing the BC, but this is the trip of a lifetime. Sacrifices have to be made. I'm thankful for the DVR, so at least I can see the races after the fact. I won't be totally without horse racing, though. There's a track in Santiago, and one of their big stakes races happens while we're there. We're planning to spend an afternoon at the track. We went to the races at the Capannelle when we were in Rome a few years ago and had a great time despite not speaking the language (figuring out the program was fun). I have the advantage of being fairly fluent in Spanish, so Chilean racing won't be so much of a mystery.
Pan Zareta

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around