Happiness

Re: Happiness

Postby BlindLucky » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Flanders wrote:My mom got me Matriarchs, new and pristine, and Matriarchs II for my birthday! :) So excited, I've wanted these books for a long time. I said to her, wow, how much did you pay for this copy of Matriarchs and she said about $125. *shakes head* I'm really really happy though.

I forget where I got my volume I, but it's such a fantastic book!

For some reason, ExclusivelyEquine has volume II marked down to $7.95. That's a beautiful one, too.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Senator L » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Somnambulist wrote:Man, I am happy this website is back so my work days can go back to being unproductive!

Sooo funny and so true :D
No one has ever bet enough on a winning horse.
Richard Sasuly
Senator L

Postby pointgivenfan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:35 am

There's almost always food here at work.
Birthdays, meetings, whatever.
I love it.
"I am the man who with the utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
Avatar: Goldikova - 2010 Prix de la Foret, copyright yours truly. =)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timstephansen/
pointgivenfan

Postby Le Beau Bai » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:50 am

I literally just had the most amazing riding lesson! We jumped a course of 7 fences then swapped over to another lesson horse and jumped a different course, it all went really well and we got all the correct strides and kept every pole up plus my hands are getting better (normally I give too much) :D Then we finished off with a nice walk round the field.
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
Le Beau Bai

Postby Catalina » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:04 am

Le Beau Bai wrote:I literally just had the most amazing riding lesson! We jumped a course of 7 fences then swapped over to another lesson horse and jumped a different course, it all went really well and we got all the correct strides and kept every pole up plus my hands are getting better (normally I give too much) :D Then we finished off with a nice walk round the field.

Good going, LBB! I'm green with envy. Jumping didn't come easily to me, and circumstances (aka spare cash for riding lessons) changed right around the time I finally started to get the hang of jumping.
Catalina

Postby Somnambulist » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:36 am

Bacon, egg, and cheese on a french toast bagel.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Le Beau Bai » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:18 am

Catalina wrote:Good going, LBB! I'm green with envy. Jumping didn't come easily to me, and circumstances (aka spare cash for riding lessons) changed right around the time I finally started to get the hang of jumping.

Thanks! That must have been frustrating for you! It's been a bit of an up hill battle for me as I was very confident when I was younger only for me to lose all my confidence and flatly refuse to sit on a horse for 6 months. This is the first time I've felt really confident for a very long time and I'm actually enjoying my jumping lessons (I prefer dressage) :D
Formally ELPHIE!
"There's more than one way to fly"
In Memory Of Our Racehorses - https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofourracehorses
Le Beau Bai

Postby Catalina » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:34 am

Le Beau Bai wrote:
Catalina wrote:Good going, LBB! I'm green with envy. Jumping didn't come easily to me, and circumstances (aka spare cash for riding lessons) changed right around the time I finally started to get the hang of jumping.

Thanks! That must have been frustrating for you! It's been a bit of an up hill battle for me as I was very confident when I was younger only for me to lose all my confidence and flatly refuse to sit on a horse for 6 months. This is the first time I've felt really confident for a very long time and I'm actually enjoying my jumping lessons (I prefer dressage) :D

Having to overcome that makes it an even bigger accomplishment.
Catalina

Postby ElPrado2 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Well, I found something to laugh about. I live across the street from a nursery that seems to cater mainly to nurses, etc.
I had the giggles just now. The woman that runs it seems to like to rocket out of her driveway when she leaves for a grocery run or to pick up kids at school, etc. It has been absolutely pouring rain since noon yesterday. She did not rocket off very far. By the time she got her car going forward she had managed to stall it 7 times. I could hear her screaming at it behind the wheel. I have been waiting for this to happen. They change SUVs fairly often, 4 so far this year, and she was about due. She already has one that they have to start with jumper cables. Now she has killed the transmission in this one. She drives like a football linebacker, all aggression.
ElPrado2

Postby Horsecrazygal21 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:02 pm

https://www.facebook.com/kaycee.mauer/media_set?set=a.10153278812985384.1073741829.629970383&type=1

For my 26th birthday this month I decided to give myself the gift of a photography session and the final prints only ended up being 22 but I am happy with the results she does great work. I love them and my eyes look amazing!!!
Last edited by Horsecrazygal21 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horsecrazygal21

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around