Page 70 of 74

Re: Happiness

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:30 am
by stark
So, what were your personal accomplishments by age 6?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBjt1CK ... e=youtu.be

Re: Happiness

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:15 pm
by Catalina
Egads... No wonder my career never got properly off the ground, I was way behind schedule! My infatuation with airplanes only took shape back when the Boeing 707 was the new kid on the block, and airlines still flew super connies and Electras.

Re: Happiness

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:04 pm
by Ballerina
OTB is coming back to Chesapeake, VA - Buckets on Battlefield Blvd. We stopped in there today to confirm - should be open for business by BC. AND racing may return to Colonial Downs

Re: Happiness

Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:47 pm
by Ballerina
RuffiantoRags wrote:Just received results from my doctor on my response to my stem cell transplant I had in June and I am now in almost complete remission. This nightmare started almost
a year ago and have gone through neck fusion surgery, months of chemo, stem cell harvesting, transplant and about $1 million in medical expenses. Thank
god for insurance! I am taking one pill a day and will be monitored every 3 months for a year now. Life is good and I am enjoying every day I have!
Always happy to learn about other people's good health news.

Re: Happiness

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 pm
by Catalina
Ballerina wrote:OTB is coming back to Chesapeake, VA - Buckets on Battlefield Blvd. We stopped in there today to confirm - should be open for business by BC. AND racing may return to Colonial Downs
Wish Texas would approve either OTB or ADW, but I'm beginning to think it's just not going to happen. Now, Colonial Downs returning, that is great. It was such a shame when it went dark.

Re: Happiness

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:22 pm
by Catalina
RuffiantoRags wrote:Just received results from my doctor on my response to my stem cell transplant I had in June and I am now in almost complete remission. This nightmare started almost
a year ago and have gone through neck fusion surgery, months of chemo, stem cell harvesting, transplant and about $1 million in medical expenses. Thank
god for insurance! I am taking one pill a day and will be monitored every 3 months for a year now. Life is good and I am enjoying every day I have!
That is excellent news!

Re: Happiness

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:17 pm
by serenassong
That is indeed wonderful news!

Re: Happiness

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:18 pm
by serenassong
The block posts button :lol:

Re: Happiness

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:25 pm
by Tessablue
Oh man R2R I missed this earlier... that is amazing, so glad to hear it!

It's comparatively meaningless, but I just came up with a rough formula for measuring racehorse expectation vs. performance and I am so excited right now.

Re: Happiness

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:42 am
by RuffiantoRags
Thank you all. I had a reaction to the medication recently, so my doctor told me to stop. I just had a PET scan to see if any cancer shows up. Seeing my doctor in November to discuss a new plan. I'm feeling great otherwise. Meanwhile my mother had a stroke and is rehab center. She is not adjusting well, frustrated she can't say the words she wants to say. Luckily she has no problems with moving limbs or walking. It will just take time. This is also the same facility where my father is in the nursing home wing where he is being taken care of for his dementia. The nurses love him!

Re: Happiness

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:41 pm
by Matt Converse
My new book, Leather Head, is my biggest success yet. It's twisted horror and I scheduled it to come out right before Halloween. I guess that helped because it's my biggest seller yet! Yeah! You can get it on Amazon, an eBook novelette, a quick read. All 5 star reviews so far!

Re: Happiness

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 pm
by Somnambulist
I stumbled upon an AP Maker's Mark bottle.

Do I open it?

Re: Happiness

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:22 pm
by KimmieB
Somnambulist wrote:I stumbled upon an AP Maker's Mark bottle.

Do I open it?
Depends, do you think you would ever consider selling it?
If it were me, I would keep it, therefore I would drink it.

Hope that helps!

Re: Happiness

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:02 pm
by Somnambulist

Re: Happiness

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:26 pm
by starrydreamer
Somnambulist wrote:https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/L ... rect/9_zm/

Sigh... if only.
That house is beautiful.

Re: Happiness

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:02 pm
by serenassong
It really is. The colors and fixtures all fit very well in the house, and it's a lovely property.

Re: Happiness

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:26 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Your money sure goes further in Kentucky. Here in SoCal, $1,350,000 might buy you a three bedroom, two bath tract home that maybe has an updated kitchen. Maybe. And a small lot. :P

Re: Happiness

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 am
by starrydreamer
So not happiness, really, but it makes me laugh.

I got called into the director's office at my son's daycare (he's 3). Apparently, this last week, he has started darting out doors and running away (all within the confines of the daycare, thankfully, but still). And he tries to hide, too.

Running away is something he thinks is hilarious and we've been trying to get it into his stubborn little head that it's not funny and he could get hurt. He's remorseful for a bit, but then he does it again. Part of it is the prednisone we had him on last week because he's been sick - he's usually pretty even-keeled for a 3 yr old, but the prednisone makes his moods much more intense. There has been so much crying in our house lately. Here's hoping that it wears off and he returns to being our silly, sunny little dude.

But geez, 3 yrs old and I'm already having meetings with the principal. :lol:

Re: Happiness

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 pm
by Ballerina
It's 27 degrees right now, but thawing temperatures arrive at noon and stay throughout the afternoon - or so says the weather report. Maybe we'll be able to navigate out of our 150' driveway. I've been stuck in the house for too many days. When I finally get out, I'm probably going to point at everything and giggle.

Re: Happiness

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 pm
by Somnambulist
Ballerina wrote:It's 27 degrees right now, but thawing temperatures arrive at noon and stay throughout the afternoon - or so says the weather report. Maybe we'll be able to navigate out of our 150' driveway. I've been stuck in the house for too many days. When I finally get out, I'm probably going to point at everything and giggle.
It was 18 when I got in my car this morning and the first time in days that a gust of wind hasn't made my skin burn! It's looking up... 41 tomorrow!!