Happiness

Ballerina

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:39 pm

I loved the GSD, but my heart belonged to the adorable Norwich.
peeptoad

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:18 pm

The Norwich is very cool... if I was going to get a small dog that one might be the ticket.
War Admiral

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:41 pm

If I wanted a small dog I think I'd choose one of the terriers too. I love their toughness and feisty personalities.
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.
Starine

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:27 pm

I've always wanted to get into dog showing. A good friend of mine went to Westminster with her Ibizan Hound this week -- she didn't win but from all accounts the dog acquitted herself very well. My friend told me if I ever wanted a nice, show quality Ibizan Hound pup she would give me a good deal, but I've kind of had my heart set on a Stabyhoun for the past two years.
Matt Converse

Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:35 am

I am holding in my hands my first book ever as an author! My first release was an eBook only (as it was a novella) and the second (also a novella) was also an eBook. But the sales were great--it became a #1 bestseller in LGBT Horror on Amazon--so my publisher said they would release it as a paperback. I just got my hands on it today, there is still something about an actual book that is so cool. I'm giddy! It's called Strip Shot.
stark

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:18 pm

Matt Converse wrote:I am holding in my hands my first book ever as an author! My first release was an eBook only (as it was a novella) and the second (also a novella) was also an eBook. But the sales were great--it became a #1 bestseller in LGBT Horror on Amazon--so my publisher said they would release it as a paperback. I just got my hands on it today, there is still something about an actual book that is so cool. I'm giddy! It's called Strip Shot.
Congratulations, that must be VERY exciting, happiness indeed!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Tessablue

Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Congrats Matt!

This is minor, but the new Zelda game has by far the best horse (and rider!) animations of any game I've ever played. You can do a half pass. It's amazing :O
Insane Crazy

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:17 am

Tessablue wrote:Congrats Matt!

This is minor, but the new Zelda game has by far the best horse (and rider!) animations of any game I've ever played. You can do a half pass. It's amazing :O
WhAT.

I literally "played" Ocarina of Time for years by just riding Epona around for hours at a time.

Ugh. Now I have to buy a Wii.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
starrydreamer

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:37 am

Matt Converse wrote:I am holding in my hands my first book ever as an author! My first release was an eBook only (as it was a novella) and the second (also a novella) was also an eBook. But the sales were great--it became a #1 bestseller in LGBT Horror on Amazon--so my publisher said they would release it as a paperback. I just got my hands on it today, there is still something about an actual book that is so cool. I'm giddy! It's called Strip Shot.
Congrats!!

I'm writing my first book... and some day, I might even finish it.
Katewerk

Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Starine wrote:I've always wanted to get into dog showing. A good friend of mine went to Westminster with her Ibizan Hound this week -- she didn't win but from all accounts the dog acquitted herself very well. My friend told me if I ever wanted a nice, show quality Ibizan Hound pup she would give me a good deal, but I've kind of had my heart set on a Stabyhoun for the past two years.
I went this year. We didn't win but got an award of merit.

Starine

Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Lovely dog. Congrats to both of you!
Somnambulist

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:45 am

Happy Daylight Savings!

Also happy tax refund so I can go buy wine to get me through the two feet of snow coming Tuesday. :roll:
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Starine

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:12 pm

I hear you about DST. Everyone on my Facebook page is complaining about the change, but I have been ready for the extra hour of daylight for some time now.
Tessablue

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:01 pm

343 references, 160 pages, eleven days to the defense, one very tired candidate. But I'm almost there!
Matt Converse

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:55 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
Congrats!!

I'm writing my first book... and some day, I might even finish it.
Thanks, and stick with it!
Matt Converse

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Tessablue wrote:Congrats Matt!
Thanks!
Ballerina

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:16 pm

6 month app't with oncologist today. Blood work was outstanding - no infection or cancer cells. Thought sure he'd schedule me for another C-scan, but he said that I'm doing so good, we can put if off for another 6 months. :-)
Catalina

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:26 pm

Ballerina wrote:6 month app't with oncologist today. Blood work was outstanding - no infection or cancer cells. Thought sure he'd schedule me for another C-scan, but he said that I'm doing so good, we can put if off for another 6 months. :-)
Excellent!
PostTimeMike

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Ballerina wrote:6 month app't with oncologist today. Blood work was outstanding - no infection or cancer cells. Thought sure he'd schedule me for another C-scan, but he said that I'm doing so good, we can put if off for another 6 months. :-)
Excellent news Bal!! :D Is "Toga 2017" in the plans? Keep that as a goal.

On a personal note, I recently switched from consultant to full time employment. I will be the 2nd official employee of Seminole Services, LLC. We are transitioning to full scale marketing mode. 8-)
Ballerina

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:28 pm

PostTimeMike wrote:
Excellent news Bal!! :D Is "Toga 2017" in the plans? Keep that as a goal.

On a personal note, I recently switched from consultant to full time employment. I will be the 2nd official employee of Seminole Services, LLC. We are transitioning to full scale marketing mode. 8-)
Saratoga is on the menu. I made it there last year. I'll make it again this year.

Good luck in the new venture.