Happiness

Re: Happiness

Postby Flanders » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:58 am

BlindLucky wrote:I got my driver's license at about 10am on my 16th birthday. That was about 24 years ago, and I can count on one hand the times I've had to parallel park since then :D

I hate parallel parking. I would rather walk blocks than do it. ;)
The one year me and my family went to the beach, I had a rental car and it literally took me like 20 minutes to parallel park. My cousins and brother who are 7-10 years younger than me thought it was hilarious, as they were the only people with me at the time.
Flanders

Postby Catalina » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:39 am

BlindLucky wrote:I got my driver's license at about 10am on my 16th birthday. That was about 24 years ago, and I can count on one hand the times I've had to parallel park since then :D

I used to be quite good at it back when I first got my licence, as probably 90% of the parking spots around me required parallel parking. These days, I maybe have to parallel park once every two or three years, and while I still can do it, it's not as neat and tidy and close to the curb as I used to. And, I downright avoid it where I can.
Catalina

Postby Prairie Bayou » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:20 pm

I'm happy I'm going to the Capitals vs Bruins game on Tuesday for my Birthday! THANK YOU GIN TALKING!!! I hope she comes back and signs up again. :mrgreen:

I'm also happy to go to see The Mortal Instruments City Of Bones AGAIN! Can't get enough.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby Retrospectiv » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm a die hard Nine Inch Nails junkie from way back.
Yesterday, I managed to qualify for a chance to see them in concert, in Toronto next month via a local radio station contest. It was a short qualifying round for them, only Mon-Fri so there were limited opportunities to try and get in on the draw.
I'M SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!! *Sigh* Chances of winning are soooo slim but at least I'm in for a shot! :mrgreen:
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Retrospectiv

Postby Flanders » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Retrospectiv wrote:I'm a die hard Nine Inch Nails junkie from way back.
Yesterday, I managed to qualify for a chance to see them in concert, in Toronto next month via a local radio station contest. It was a short qualifying round for them, only Mon-Fri so there were limited opportunities to try and get in on the draw.
I'M SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!! *Sigh* Chances of winning are soooo slim but at least I'm in for a shot! :mrgreen:

I was just by Trent's hometown. Its not far from where I live. :)
Flanders

Postby Insane Crazy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:04 am

I am installed in my very first apartment! Woo! Technically we moved in on June 1st, but I went home for the summer. This will be my first night sleeping here not on a couch or the floor. I unpacked all of my clothes (I may make a vent about this, but that's another story...) and just need to clear out things like books/DVDs/etc. from my boxes.

After a seven hour drive up to Chicago and a lot of lugging stuff around, I am going to sleep well tonight. Tomorrow: tasty brunch with the parents.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby Flanders » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:36 pm

My mom got me Matriarchs, new and pristine, and Matriarchs II for my birthday! :) So excited, I've wanted these books for a long time. I said to her, wow, how much did you pay for this copy of Matriarchs and she said about $125. *shakes head* I'm really really happy though.
Flanders

Postby Pan Zareta » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:01 am

DH and I are taking Thursday off for a day trip to Indianapolis to see this ...

http://www.childrensmuseum.org/avatar
Pan Zareta

Postby Ballerina » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:03 am

Catalina wrote:

I used to be quite good at it back when I first got my licence, as probably 90% of the parking spots around me required parallel parking. These days, I maybe have to parallel park once every two or three years, and while I still can do it, it's not as neat and tidy and close to the curb as I used to. And, I downright avoid it where I can.

Parallel parking is still one of my few talents. I never look over my right shoulder. I just make sure my rear view and side mirrors are positioned properly and use them when doing a parallel park. I can even PP our big Ford Excursion.

Brag, brag, gag, gag!
Ballerina

Postby Tessablue » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm not much good at street parking (never actually learned how to do it, since it wasn't on the test), but I have learned how to parallel park on the opposite side of the road... that took some getting used to and it's often pretty ugly.

My advisor is presenting my work at a conference tomorrow. I'm pretty thrilled that it's already this far along- only been working on it for six months. At this rate I'll have my doctorate in no time*!

*within the next five years
Tessablue

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around