Happiness

Re: Happiness

Postby Tessablue » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Thank you! :)

And this is far too belated, but so glad to hear that Sparrow Castle! I hope your recovery has continued to go smoothly.
Tessablue

Postby Somnambulist » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 pm

Tessablue wrote:Without even really doing anything, I fell into the perfect postdoc, and now I have a desperately-needed year to figure my life out. Felt a little lucky and unworthy about it, then my boss gave me an inspirational speech about how "we make our own luck" and "I wouldn't have offered this job if you sucked."

A raise, another year with my friends in Boston, Saratoga in a month and a break from the hard work until September... I'll take it.

Good for you lady. A year is so much time. Also, never feel unworthy. Who has time for that lol.

I have a week off for the first time in over two years. It's still a few weeks away but wow. I can't wait.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby Tessablue » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Tessablue wrote:Without even really doing anything, I fell into the perfect postdoc, and now I have a desperately-needed year to figure my life out. Felt a little lucky and unworthy about it, then my boss gave me an inspirational speech about how "we make our own luck" and "I wouldn't have offered this job if you sucked."

A raise, another year with my friends in Boston, Saratoga in a month and a break from the hard work until September... I'll take it.

Good for you lady. A year is so much time. Also, never feel unworthy. Who has time for that lol.

I have a week off for the first time in over two years. It's still a few weeks away but wow. I can't wait.

Ha thanks, an excellent point! Hope you have a great relaxing week.
Tessablue

Postby peeptoad » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:43 am

Been a good week: just got a $2000 bonus at my job and they honored my request for a 4-day work week, which I start next week. Time to buy a lottery ticket and find some long shots to bet before my luck runs out. :D
peeptoad

Postby Ballerina » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:30 am

I mentioned a while back that I was diagnosed with a fractured thorasic vertebrae (T5) which was causing great pain. Thanks to Catalina for putting me on to a procedure called Vertebroplasty. Had the procedure this past Wednesday, and I am totally pain free - at least in that area. :-)

https://www.spine-health.com/treatment/ ... -procedure
Ballerina

Postby Somnambulist » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:33 pm

The collective wealth of information on the internet is maybe the best thing about it.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:16 pm

If you can winnow the diamonds out of the coo-coo-for-cocoa-puffs chaff, there are definitely a few gems. :D
Congrats, Bal, Glad that your back feels better.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby War Admiral » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 pm

I work as a preschool teacher and yesterday one of the little girls told me she loved me. I don't have any children of my own yet but I love each and every minute that I spend with these precious 4 year olds. I love to read to them, teach them their numbers and alphabet, watch them as they fingerprint during art, and sing songs with them. It feels great to wake up each morning and be able to say that I love my job. The work is not always easy but I love being able to make a difference in the lives of these young children.
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.
War Admiral

Postby stark » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:06 pm

War Admiral wrote:I work as a preschool teacher and yesterday one of the little girls told me she loved me. I don't have any children of my own yet but I love each and every minute that I spend with these precious 4 year olds. I love to read to them, teach them their numbers and alphabet, watch them as they fingerprint during art, and sing songs with them. It feels great to wake up each morning and be able to say that I love my job. The work is not always easy but I love being able to make a difference in the lives of these young children.

A strong candidate for post-of-the-year, Eclipse Award material or maybe an ESPY, congrats!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Starine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:23 pm

We need more teachers like you, WA. Glad you find your work so rewarding.
Starine

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around