Happiness

Re: Happiness

Postby stark » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:30 am

So, what were your personal accomplishments by age 6?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBjt1CK ... e=youtu.be
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Catalina » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Egads... No wonder my career never got properly off the ground, I was way behind schedule! My infatuation with airplanes only took shape back when the Boeing 707 was the new kid on the block, and airlines still flew super connies and Electras.
Catalina

Postby Ballerina » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:04 pm

OTB is coming back to Chesapeake, VA - Buckets on Battlefield Blvd. We stopped in there today to confirm - should be open for business by BC. AND racing may return to Colonial Downs
Ballerina

Postby Ballerina » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:47 pm

RuffiantoRags wrote:Just received results from my doctor on my response to my stem cell transplant I had in June and I am now in almost complete remission. This nightmare started almost
a year ago and have gone through neck fusion surgery, months of chemo, stem cell harvesting, transplant and about $1 million in medical expenses. Thank
god for insurance! I am taking one pill a day and will be monitored every 3 months for a year now. Life is good and I am enjoying every day I have!

Always happy to learn about other people's good health news.
Ballerina

Postby Catalina » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Ballerina wrote:OTB is coming back to Chesapeake, VA - Buckets on Battlefield Blvd. We stopped in there today to confirm - should be open for business by BC. AND racing may return to Colonial Downs

Wish Texas would approve either OTB or ADW, but I'm beginning to think it's just not going to happen. Now, Colonial Downs returning, that is great. It was such a shame when it went dark.
Last edited by Catalina on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catalina

Postby Catalina » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:22 pm

RuffiantoRags wrote:Just received results from my doctor on my response to my stem cell transplant I had in June and I am now in almost complete remission. This nightmare started almost
a year ago and have gone through neck fusion surgery, months of chemo, stem cell harvesting, transplant and about $1 million in medical expenses. Thank
god for insurance! I am taking one pill a day and will be monitored every 3 months for a year now. Life is good and I am enjoying every day I have!

That is excellent news!
Catalina

Postby serenassong » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:17 pm

That is indeed wonderful news!
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby serenassong » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:18 pm

The block posts button :lol:
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Tessablue » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:25 pm

Oh man R2R I missed this earlier... that is amazing, so glad to hear it!

It's comparatively meaningless, but I just came up with a rough formula for measuring racehorse expectation vs. performance and I am so excited right now.
Tessablue

Postby RuffiantoRags » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:42 am

Thank you all. I had a reaction to the medication recently, so my doctor told me to stop. I just had a PET scan to see if any cancer shows up. Seeing my doctor in November to discuss a new plan. I'm feeling great otherwise. Meanwhile my mother had a stroke and is rehab center. She is not adjusting well, frustrated she can't say the words she wants to say. Luckily she has no problems with moving limbs or walking. It will just take time. This is also the same facility where my father is in the nursing home wing where he is being taken care of for his dementia. The nurses love him!
RuffiantoRags

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around