Happiness

Tessablue

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:51 pm

Sorry you ended up in that situation IC, but glad you were able to make the choice that was best for you. Good luck going forward!

Two very long MRIs and an excellent neurologist later... and it turns out that not only are my recent neurological symptoms just due to positional overuse, but I don't even have any spinal lesions besides a benign cyst. My dismay at having worried about apparent spinal tumors for three years is eclipsed by my relief that there is nothing amiss!
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:49 pm

That's great...although I wonder what sorts of changes you're going to need to make to solve those "positional overuse" issues. :P
Are we talking too much sitting? Too much yoga? Too much exuberant hanky-panky? :lol:
Tessablue

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:33 pm

Haha, those I could certainly live with! :D No, I've just been resting my arms on my chair while doing too much computer work in the past few months- can't feel my ring or pinky fingers sometimes. Starting in September I'll be returning to the bench, so hopefully that resolves it.
Somnambulist

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Tessablue wrote:Haha, those I could certainly live with! :D No, I've just been resting my arms on my chair while doing too much computer work in the past few months- can't feel my ring or pinky fingers sometimes. Starting in September I'll be returning to the bench, so hopefully that resolves it.
Standing desk girl. If your job lets you, anyway. Or get a stability ball with that back support. They make ones specifically now for sitting but I have a $10 ball from Walmart I've been using for close to 4 years. I've started office trends with them.

Plus the ball is fun. Cause bouncing and we're all toddlers are heart.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Insane Crazy

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Tessablue wrote:Haha, those I could certainly live with! :D No, I've just been resting my arms on my chair while doing too much computer work in the past few months- can't feel my ring or pinky fingers sometimes. Starting in September I'll be returning to the bench, so hopefully that resolves it.
Standing desk girl. If your job lets you, anyway. Or get a stability ball with that back support. They make ones specifically now for sitting but I have a $10 ball from Walmart I've been using for close to 4 years. I've started office trends with them.

Plus the ball is fun. Cause bouncing and we're all toddlers are heart.
Careful if you have back stuff though, re: the bouncing. I switched to a ball when I fractured my spine and I bounced so much I was apparently mashing my vertebrae together repeatedly. Oops!

LOVE standing desks, though. LOVE.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Somnambulist

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:50 pm

From what I've read it's better if you have the "chair" for the ball. I've yet to get one, mostly because my current job doesn't allow it. The research is in infancy; I've seen some articles swear it promotes spinal shrinkage when others don't. I need to get paid to get my JSTOR account.
Tessablue

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:39 am

I appreciate the advice! My boss uses a standing desk and it has done him a world of good, but his issues are different from mine and I haven't had much advice on how to prevent these symptoms. Unfortunately, I have a really bad knee that blew up a couple years ago so standing gets very painful very quickly. But getting up and moving around is definitely a great idea and I will look into the stability ball, because that sounds fun AND beneficial and I am totally here for that.

Som I gotta set you up with a proxy or just send papers to you; that stuff is too valuable to hide behind a paywall.
Insane Crazy

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:23 am

Somnambulist wrote:From what I've read it's better if you have the "chair" for the ball. I've yet to get one, mostly because my current job doesn't allow it. The research is in infancy; I've seen some articles swear it promotes spinal shrinkage when others don't. I need to get paid to get my JSTOR account.
My evidence is purely anecdotal -- my back started to hurt after sessions of bouncing around, lol. But I loved switching back and forth between ball and standing. It was a good solution.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Somnambulist

Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:56 pm

My awful cold has subsided enough that I'm not blowing my nose AT ALL today and can much better enjoy myself seeing Lady GaGa tonight!
TapitsGal

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:45 pm

I adopted a three month old orange tabby kitten named Cheeto tonight. I've changed his name to Patrick like st Patrick
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:18 am

Photos! We must see your new ginger boy. :D
Congratulations on your new family member, but expect to get a lot of exercise. I remember how lively/bound across the room/leap on furniture/climb walls three-month-old kittens can be. I don't think I could keep up with one these days. :lol:
I hope he has someone to play with, like a dog or another cat. I've always tried to adopt two cats together: I've found that two cats keeping each other company get into less trouble than one who is left to amuse him/herself. :P
TapitsGal

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:18 am

Yes he's got friends. We have two dogs at home who are very eager to make friends, they both love cats
TapitsGal

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:49 pm

mom and i brought our little man home last night. We named him Simba, but my hard of hearing aunt was like you named him Dingbat?...so ya..no his name is simba
hes extremely sweet and affectionate loves rubbing up against me and head butting me or placing his paw on my cheek until i pet him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYhMJNMFD8W/

here's a pic of him
sweettalk

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:16 pm

TapitsGal wrote:mom and i brought our little man home last night. We named him Simba, but my hard of hearing aunt was like you named him Dingbat?...so ya..no his name is simba
hes extremely sweet and affectionate loves rubbing up against me and head butting me or placing his paw on my cheek until i pet him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYhMJNMFD8W/

here's a pic of him
as an aside, i followed you just now.

on topic, what a gorgeous cat! i'm glad it went well, sounds like he's a perfect fit.
Tessablue

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:19 pm

There's nothing I love more than a full day of gorgeous weather at Suffolk... and they've added two more racing dates this year so I get to do it again in a month!
RuffiantoRags

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:44 am

Just received results from my doctor on my response to my stem cell transplant I had in June and I am now in almost complete remission. This nightmare started almost
a year ago and have gone through neck fusion surgery, months of chemo, stem cell harvesting, transplant and about $1 million in medical expenses. Thank
god for insurance! I am taking one pill a day and will be monitored every 3 months for a year now. Life is good and I am enjoying every day I have!
starrydreamer

Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:41 pm

RuffiantoRags wrote:Just received results from my doctor on my response to my stem cell transplant I had in June and I am now in almost complete remission. This nightmare started almost
a year ago and have gone through neck fusion surgery, months of chemo, stem cell harvesting, transplant and about $1 million in medical expenses. Thank
god for insurance! I am taking one pill a day and will be monitored every 3 months for a year now. Life is good and I am enjoying every day I have!
Woohoo! Congrats!

I FINALLY close on my new house in 5 days. I've been living with my in-laws and I'm so ready to be done with that.
Starine

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Congrats, RTR! That is FANTASTIC news.
TapitsGal

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:40 am

New kitten simba loves my dog

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZgSF8Qh6LH/
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Finally! The ladies will be able to drive in Saudi Arabia. :D
https://www.yahoo.com/news/saudi-arabia ... 26867.html