Happiness

Happiness

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:58 am

Man, I am happy this website is back so my work days can go back to being unproductive!
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Somnambulist

Re: Happiness

Postby pointgivenfan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 pm

I'm happy this thread got put back up before the vent thread did. ;)
"I am the man who with the utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
Avatar: Goldikova - 2010 Prix de la Foret, copyright yours truly. =)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timstephansen/
pointgivenfan

Postby Insane Crazy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm thrilled this place is back! I pretty much went black out on racing news with it gone...

Also, I passed my driving test with a 91! After only learning to parallel park the day before, and kind of sucking at it in-test in my mom's larger Rav 4. Finalllyyyy. Now I feel like a real adult.

ETA: And I just discovered that the "subsilver2" style layout looks quite a bit like the layout on the old site. Yesss.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby pointgivenfan » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:I'm thrilled this place is back! I pretty much went black out on racing news with it gone...

Also, I passed my driving test with a 91! After only learning to parallel park the day before, and kind of sucking at it in-test in my mom's larger Rav 4. Finalllyyyy. Now I feel like a real adult.

ETA: And I just discovered that the "subsilver2" style layout looks quite a bit like the layout on the old site. Yesss.

Clear the streets, Chi-town!!

I mean, congratulations! :-D
"I am the man who with the utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
Avatar: Goldikova - 2010 Prix de la Foret, copyright yours truly. =)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timstephansen/
pointgivenfan

Postby Pan Zareta » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Happiness is having to buy some new clothes ... in a smaller size!

That happiness is made even happier by the following formula:

Pants I really want in new size = $59.95

Special event with $20 off purchase of pant - $39.95

Reward check from store that has the pants - $40.00

Basically, the were free. And they fit. And they look very nice on.
Pan Zareta

Postby serenassong » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Here ya go- just for a laugh- I love this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0mscSgraNA
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby serenassong » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:49 pm

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Postby Insane Crazy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:15 pm

pointgivenfan wrote:
Insane Crazy wrote:I'm thrilled this place is back! I pretty much went black out on racing news with it gone...

Clear the streets, Chi-town!!

I mean, congratulations! :-D

But actually! I feel like a total sham, I keep remembering I'm qualified to drive alone and that seems so ridiculous. I have to keep telling myself it's all a matter of getting used to it and that I do, in fact, know how to drive and the rules of the road. My points off were relatively minor issues -- my parallel parking took some time (my mom's Rav 4 is WAY bigger than the sedan I learned in, so it took a lot more fiddling to get it right), and I took a corner a bit too quickly...which is odd, because I'm generally a granny driver. All in all, it went much better than I expected.

Also, pah. I would never drive in this cluster. Evanston and Skokie might see me behind the wheel, but I'll take the El anywhere south of Howard, thank you! :D
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby BlindLucky » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:12 pm

I got my driver's license at about 10am on my 16th birthday. That was about 24 years ago, and I can count on one hand the times I've had to parallel park since then :D
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Sham » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:27 pm

serenassong wrote:https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p320x320/1208578_10151737937728001_1294778164_n.jpg

You'd think they'd just make that an option on their standard form.
Soto, Suni, Sham, whichever.
Sham

Next

Return to Horsin' Around