Happiness

Re: Happiness

Postby Ballerina » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:27 pm

Got some really nice handicap seats for every weekend including Whitney & Travers and closing day. I'm very happy.
User avatar
Ballerina
 
Posts: 2585
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Re: Happiness

Postby Catalina » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:49 pm

Ballerina wrote:Got some really nice handicap seats for every weekend including Whitney & Travers and closing day. I'm very happy.


Excellent! And during the week?
Catalina
 
Posts: 2935
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Happiness

Postby Ballerina » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:57 pm

Catalina wrote:
Ballerina wrote:Got some really nice handicap seats for every weekend including Whitney & Travers and closing day. I'm very happy.


Excellent! And during the week?


No weekday tickets. Can't physically manage more than 2 days a week, but if something special comes up during the week, I'll get on it. :-)
User avatar
Ballerina
 
Posts: 2585
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Location: Chesapeake, VA & Saratoga, NY

Re: Happiness

Postby Catalina » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Ballerina wrote:
Catalina wrote:
Ballerina wrote:Got some really nice handicap seats for every weekend including Whitney & Travers and closing day. I'm very happy.


Excellent! And during the week?


No weekday tickets. Can't physically manage more than 2 days a week, but if something special comes up during the week, I'll get on it. :-)


Well, the big races tend to be on the weekend dates anyway. :) No point in stretching yourself too thin.
Catalina
 
Posts: 2935
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:08 pm
Location: South Texas

Re: Happiness

Postby starrydreamer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:20 pm

In the space of 24 hours, we:
- Received an offer on our house
- Countered that offer
- Had our counter accepted
- Have our house under contract.

And

- Put an offer on a house
- Found a new lender and got a new preapproval letter
- Countered our offer on that house after finding out there was another offer
- Had our counter countered
- Accepted that counter
- Have that house under contract

But now we'll have a place to live and have two houses for only about 2 weeks. AND we can stop showing our house. We showed it about 30 times and had a busy open house in 8 days.
User avatar
starrydreamer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Re: Happiness

Postby Somnambulist » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Wow. It's not often you heard about someone being happy about closing! :D
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Somnambulist
 
Posts: 6977
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: Happiness

Postby Tessablue » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:34 pm

Congrats starry! That must be a huge relief.

Have always dreamed of having my picture taken at Saratoga, finally achieved that goal today :D But more importantly, the weather has been spectacular and the card today was excellent.
Tessablue
 
Posts: 3024
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Boston

Re: Happiness

Postby starrydreamer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:01 pm

AND of course, our new house has fallen through. We were technically the secondary offer but our realtor assured us repeatedly that the primary offer was going to fall through within the knock-out period.

Of course, they did not.

This is the happiness thread, so I guess the happiness is that I'm eating my feelings. Thai food, and I had a $7 off coupon, so it's tasty cheap thai food.
User avatar
starrydreamer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Re: Happiness

Postby Somnambulist » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:23 pm

I went to Arlington.

What a beautiful racetrack. Guys, you should all go.

My boyfriend and I are also marveling over how cheap it is to live here. IL coffee is shit but we can import the water I guess..
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Somnambulist
 
Posts: 6977
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: Happiness

Postby starrydreamer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Somnambulist wrote:I went to Arlington.

What a beautiful racetrack. Guys, you should all go.

My boyfriend and I are also marveling over how cheap it is to live here. IL coffee is shit but we can import the water I guess..


Arlington is gorgeous. I love going there (to be fair, the only other racetrack I've been to is Golden Gate).

There IS good coffee there and it's not hard to find... where the heck did you go? :lol:

Having lived in both NY and near Arlington, I can say that yeah, it's cheaper in the Arlington area (we were actually seriously considering moving to Arlington Heights or a neighboring town). The nice thing about the Chicago area is that you get cheaper the further you go from the city, quicker than you do when you move away from NYC. Probably because there's no ocean.
User avatar
starrydreamer
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests