The movie thread

Re: The movie thread

Postby Tessablue » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:52 am

Ballerina wrote:
stark wrote:Flipped on GET OUT last night, didn't know anything about it ahead of time and I swear the description on HBO said "comedy"

Somebody please explain any humor, thanks.

Academy awards Best actor? Best movie?
don't think so.

Another creepy movie. I watched it to the end hoping it had some redeeming quality. It did not. It was as bad as watching Passage to India.

Is there an Oscar for "least surprising opinion"?
Tessablue

Postby Ballerina » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:02 pm

Tessablue wrote:
Ballerina wrote:
stark wrote:Flipped on GET OUT last night, didn't know anything about it ahead of time and I swear the description on HBO said "comedy"

don't think so.

Another creepy movie. I watched it to the end hoping it had some redeeming quality. It did not. It was as bad as watching Passage to India.

Yeah, you'd win it.
Ballerina

Postby stark » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 pm

don't think so.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... bes-comedy
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Starine » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:11 am

Tessablue wrote:
Ballerina wrote:

don't think so.

Agreed.
Starine

Postby Ballerina » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:47 pm

Ballerina wrote:

don't think so.

Is there an Oscar for "least surprising opinion"?[/quote]

Agreed.[/quote]

What is it with some of you who get all bent out of shape (no pun intended) when someone has a differing opinion?!~
Ballerina

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:31 am

Finally saw Blank Panther. :D :D :D
Very cool, kinetic, gorgeous to look at. Fine cast, dialogue with that bit of sass that Marvel does so well.
And very importantly, strong emotional context/content for the villain, something too many comic book genre movies (I'm looking at you, DC :P) gloss over or ignore.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby nathan11 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:55 am

Watched a movie Secret Window recently. A great psychological thriller with Johnny Depp based on Stephen King’s book. Really like Depp as an actor and basically all the movies he plays at are memorable. There was this dark, mysterious house in the movie the main character worked at, actually looks quite similar to Depp’s 18 century villa in France which he bought in 2001 (yes, I googled, nothing unusual, just a villa with 6 additional cottages and 2 swimming pools in French Riviera :D )
I think this movie (Secret Window) is very underesimated, not so many people know about it, but I do recommend to watch it, if you like Depp and mystery thrillers.
nathan11

Postby sweettalk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:59 pm

i LOVE horror flicks. Get Out was "middle of the pack" kind of ok. not awful or anything, but definitely over rated.
Get out to Lenny’s for their big grand opening sale. Find eight government secrets and get a free kidnapping and personality reassignment so that you’ll forget you found them!
sweettalk

Postby Prairie Bayou » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:23 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Finally saw Blank Panther. :D :D :D
Very cool, kinetic, gorgeous to look at. Fine cast, dialogue with that bit of sass that Marvel does so well.
And very importantly, strong emotional context/content for the villain, something too many comic book genre movies (I'm looking at you, DC :P) gloss over or ignore.

By far my favorite Superhero movie. I took my nephews to see it. They loved it!!
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby Prairie Bayou » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:24 am

I watched The Beguiled. That is about it. Oh, and what a waste of acting talent.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around