The movie thread

Re: The movie thread

Postby BlindLucky » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Tessablue wrote:omg Arrival was SO GOOD

I saw this the other day, too. I needed a distraction, and I thought it was really good. It's much more cerebral than I was expecting, if that makes any sense.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Tessablue » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:59 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
Tessablue wrote:omg Arrival was SO GOOD

I saw this the other day, too. I needed a distraction, and I thought it was really good. It's much more cerebral than I was expecting, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, it really takes you into another world for a few hours. Came out at the exact right time, at least for me. I absolutely loved it and saw it again with my mother shortly afterwards. Unsurprisingly, it holds up quite well the second time around ;)

Semi-accidentally saw Fantastic Beasts last night. From what I remember it was... fine?
Tessablue

Postby Insane Crazy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Tessablue wrote:Semi-accidentally saw Fantastic Beasts last night. From what I remember it was... fine?

:lol: Have a good night on the town, Tessa?
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby peeptoad » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:21 am

Embrace of the Serpent was excellent... beautifully photographed and all non-actors. Solid 8/10 on my scale.
peeptoad

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:55 pm

Just got back from seeing The Eagle Huntress. Wonderful documentary, with some astounding photography. Makes a strong case for those little Mongolian horses being the toughest equines on the planet. :D
Also saw Dr. Strange last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. You expect incredible effects but, what Marvel does so well (and which DC can't seem to figure out how to do) is sneak in some humor into the situations, even the most dangerous.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby Della » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:52 am

Manchester by the Sea is superb - one of the best I've ever seen. Casey Affleck certainly will be an Oscar nominee and could well win. This is one of the few films where I want to see it again - and soon - as it was so rich. I can't stop thinking about it.
Della

Postby Insane Crazy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:37 pm

Blair Witch (2016) was, IMO, way better than anyone gives it credit for. It had more emotional logic than the original, an actual theme, and did some fun things with the story. I regret not seeing it in theaters.

When it comes to horror sequels, hearing things like "They spend too much time running around in the woods and screaming!" is like saying "2 Fast 2 Furious was TOO fast and TOO furious." It was exactly what I signed up for, with some successful scares, characters I got invested in quickly, and careful work pacing the tempo to keep me engaged in a format that is very easy to overdo. Yay!
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Insane Crazy

Postby Insane Crazy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:33 am

Listen.

Listen.

The Power Rangers movie looks so good. I am going to see it opening day. I did not watch Power Rangers as a child, but I am inexplicably hyped about this film. Holy crap.
Insane Crazy

Postby BlindLucky » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:Listen.

Listen.

The Power Rangers movie looks so good. I am going to see it opening day. I did not watch Power Rangers as a child, but I am inexplicably hyped about this film. Holy crap.

When I first saw the trailer in the theater, I did not see the Power Rangers part coming. I thought it was a Breakfast Clubby sequel to Chronicle. I think the story has a lot of potential, but I hope they play up the Power Rangery part more than the Breakfast Clubby part. (Admission: I know nothing about Power Rangers except that they come in a variety of colors.)
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Insane Crazy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:44 am

BlindLucky wrote:
Insane Crazy wrote:Listen.

Listen.

When I first saw the trailer in the theater, I did not see the Power Rangers part coming. I thought it was a Breakfast Clubby sequel to Chronicle. I think the story has a lot of potential, but I hope they play up the Power Rangery part more than the Breakfast Clubby part. (Admission: I know nothing about Power Rangers except that they come in a variety of colors.)

Did you see the new trailer or the teaser from a few months ago? The teaser was super Breakfast Club, and the new one has LOTS of Power Rangers goodness. I posted the new trailer on my FB, if you need to compare. ;P
Insane Crazy

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around