The movie thread

Re: The movie thread

Postby BlindLucky » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Treve wrote:
Prairie Bayou wrote:Allegiant: I read the book. This movie obliterated the story from the novel. It was by far the worst movie adaptation I've ever seen. Now I know why there won't be a 4th one. It's almost as if they set it up for the TV show. Very unhappy with the results of this film.

There will be a 4th one but it is being released straight to video, last I heard. Which, ouch.

I read something that said they were doing a made-for-TV movie version, but with a different cast, and are spinning it off into a TV show.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/diver ... 201818694/
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Prairie Bayou » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:07 pm

Yeah I read that too. Which is sad because Theo James is the perfect Four. They would have to get a new cast because they could never afford them. Allegiant was so full of CGI it was nauseating. They didn't even include Tori's brother in the movie. Which was an important piece.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby BlindLucky » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:30 pm

Prairie Bayou wrote:Yeah I read that too. Which is sad because Theo James is the perfect Four. They would have to get a new cast because they could never afford them. Allegiant was so full of CGI it was nauseating. They didn't even include Tori's brother in the movie. Which was an important piece.

The way the movie version of Allegiant went off the book rails, I fully expected Tris to walk out of the end of the fourth movie victorious and live happily ever after with Four.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby Prairie Bayou » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:59 pm

BlindLucky wrote:
Prairie Bayou wrote:Yeah I read that too. Which is sad because Theo James is the perfect Four. They would have to get a new cast because they could never afford them. Allegiant was so full of CGI it was nauseating. They didn't even include Tori's brother in the movie. Which was an important piece.

The way the movie version of Allegiant went off the book rails, I fully expected Tris to walk out of the end of the fourth movie victorious and live happily ever after with Four.

If they deviate from the book ending (which many were disappointed by the stark reality that not everyone has a happy ending in life) I will be pissed. It's as if they are trying to alienate the books from the film and give into the mass Hollywood stereotype packaged ending. One of the saving parts of the final book which was not as good as the first two was the ending. She planned it all along. I think it made me like the series even more. A lot of YA novels are too typical. This one wasn't. It didn't have a love triangle which most do and the characters were very different. One thing the movie did is turn Peter's character into a comic relief antihero that people should find likeable. In the book he is a narcissistic aggressive sociopath.
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
Prairie Bayou

Postby Starine » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:42 pm

Saw Dr. Strange and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. It's not your typical superhero movie and it was funnier than I was expecting.
Starine

Postby TapitsGal » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:59 pm

Prairie Bayou wrote:X-Men Apocalypse: Not bad. I like most of those movies but I think that the Quicksilver storyline just didn't mesh.

Allegiant: I read the book. This movie obliterated the story from the novel. It was by far the worst movie adaptation I've ever seen. Now I know why there won't be a 4th one. It's almost as if they set it up for the TV show. Very unhappy with the results of this film.

I saw Allegiant in theatres and walked out halfway through I was so frustrated in the way they did it. I wasn't the only one. I won't be seeing the tv show. The actors are frustrated too saying they didn't sign on to do a tv movie
TapitsGal

Postby Tessablue » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:16 pm

omg Arrival was SO GOOD
Tessablue

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:17 am

I'm trying to get my usual movie-watching buds to go see The Arrival. If they won't, this is one movie I think that I'd be willing to see by myself. The reviews...and the premise...are very appealing
This time of year really starts piling up the interesting movies, all while most people are also trying to organize/participate in various holiday festivities.
My list has The Arrival, The Eagle Huntress, Dr. Strange and Fantastic Beasts. Since we try to catch movies on our local theater's bargain movie day, that's a month's worth right there. :lol:
BaroqueAgain1

Postby slewobarney » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:26 am

saw "Moonlight" yesterday, a Best Picture nominee for sure....
slewobarney

Postby shortlead » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:42 pm

Starine wrote:Saw Dr. Strange and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. It's not your typical superhero movie and it was funnier than I was expecting.

I agree completely! :D
Give me that short lead, give me that win by a nose, get them all home safely!
shortlead

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around