The movie thread

Re: The movie thread

Postby BlindLucky » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:Did you see the new trailer or the teaser from a few months ago? The teaser was super Breakfast Club, and the new one has LOTS of Power Rangers goodness. I posted the new trailer on my FB, if you need to compare. ;P

I had only seen the one they played before Rogue One, I guess that was an earlier teaser. Just watched the one you posted, now THAT is much more like it :D
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BlindLucky

Postby TapitsGal » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:50 pm

I saw the resurrection of Gavin stone
TapitsGal

Postby stark » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:48 pm

Hidden Figures
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby TapitsGal » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Saw the resurrection of Gavin stone. I liked it it was funny but sadly a kind of predictable story line. I'm seeing A Dogs Purpose when it releases tomorrow(yes I'm aware of the "controversial footage" but I believe the footage was two different scenes edited to make it look like abuse and I don't consider tmz OR peta reliable sources
TapitsGal

Postby Starine » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:52 pm

I thought Split was very entertaining, especially with James McAvoy in the lead playing a man with so many personalities. He's pretty good at playing a creeper, much like Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler.
Starine

Postby starrydreamer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:30 am

I love Arrival so so much. It hits my all-time favorites list.

Hidden Figures made me happy. The acting was so vibrant and it was a real celebration of the previously unsung heroes of the space race.

Manchester by the Sea was just... sad. I thought Casey Affleck deserved to win Best Actor at the Oscars, but his win was definitely soured by the sexual assault allegations that have been floating around. It's too bad he couldn't keep his hands to himself, because I've thought he's a good actor since Gone Baby Gone. And can we give Michelle Williams a role where she's, yknow, happy?

Nocturnal Animals was depressing. Gripping, but depressing.

The Light Between Oceans was sad, but very beautifully shot. It's a story about love and guilt. And man, I would love to live on that island.
starrydreamer

Postby BaroqueAgain1 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:18 pm

I really wanted to see Arrival, but I got hit with bronchitis when it was at my local theaters. I just got healthy enough to venture into a theater for two hours, but the movie is no longer around. :(
Sigh.
Maybe it will end up on HBO in a few months.
BaroqueAgain1

Postby stark » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:00 pm

If you think you're going to ever see KONG, please don't wait for it to come to your living room are worse your smartphone.
Spend a couple extra bucks for the 3D glasses and see it at IMAX, pretty amazing stuff!
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Postby Starine » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:11 pm

stark wrote:If you think you're going to ever see KONG, please don't wait for it to come to your living room are worse your smartphone.
Spend a couple extra bucks for the 3D glasses and see it at IMAX, pretty amazing stuff!

The NPR reviewer said something similar.

I wasn't planning to see this one but every time I see the trailer that siren song of Tom Hiddleston gets me every time.
Starine

Postby Starine » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:18 pm

Finally was able to see Get Out with the fam and really enjoyed it. It was thrilling, scary, smart and funny all at once.

Jordan Peele clearly has a bright future ahead of him as a filmmaker.
Starine

PreviousNext

Return to Horsin' Around