i am so scared

TapitsGal

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:12 pm

i woke up a couple days ago with severe period cramps/gas cramps.today they got very bad and i was curled in the fetal position crying so i went to the ER.bloodwork came back normal as did the X-ray showing that there's just gas in my belly and the transvaginal ultrasound showing my girl parts are fine except for some 3mm uterine thickening.I have been taking Aleve and tylenol to control the cramps as well as percocet at night...nothing's working.at the ER i was given toradol through an iv, 2 percocet and ativan and nothings working to stop the pain.I'm in just as much pain now as i was when i left the ER...i follow up with my GYN doctor(for a different reason) and an GI doctor today for the cramps..what happens if i go into the GI doctors in such severe cramps?are they going to send me back to the ER?insist they admit me for more testing?i've never been down this road before so im scared and dont know
Catalina

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:24 am

TapitsGal wrote:i woke up a couple days ago with severe period cramps/gas cramps.today they got very bad and i was curled in the fetal position crying so i went to the ER.bloodwork came back normal as did the X-ray showing that there's just gas in my belly and the transvaginal ultrasound showing my girl parts are fine except for some 3mm uterine thickening.I have been taking Aleve and tylenol to control the cramps as well as percocet at night...nothing's working.at the ER i was given toradol through an iv, 2 percocet and ativan and nothings working to stop the pain.I'm in just as much pain now as i was when i left the ER...i follow up with my GYN doctor(for a different reason) and an GI doctor today for the cramps..what happens if i go into the GI doctors in such severe cramps?are they going to send me back to the ER?insist they admit me for more testing?i've never been down this road before so im scared and dont know
Either way, you can't just blow it off. Go to the GI doctor, and hopefully he can clear up the mystery and resolve the cramping issue. At least it doesn't sound like something that needs surgery, or they would have whisked you there straight from the ER.
islandgirl45

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:23 pm

Maybe I missed something, but have you taken anything to relieve gas since you mentioned your X-ray showed that?
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
~President Dwight Eisenhower
dustino140

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:03 pm

islandgirl45 wrote:Maybe I missed something, but have you taken anything
I recommend a dump.
islandgirl45

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:26 pm

dustino140 wrote:
I recommend a dump.
^Why did you feel compelled to post a needlessly nasty response to someone who is frightened and suffering pain?
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
~President Dwight Eisenhower
Barnfour

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:28 pm

islandgirl45 wrote:
dustino140 wrote:
I recommend a dump.
^Why did you feel compelled to post a needlessly nasty response to someone who is frightened and suffering pain?
WTF? Dustino is spot on.If a horse is colicing (stomach ache),a good dump does wonders.It would relieve the gas in this case too~

PS:It can't hurt~
“The heaviest penalty for declining to the rule is to be ruled by someone inferior to yourself.”
― Plato, The Republic
Somnambulist

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:42 pm

islandgirl45 wrote:
dustino140 wrote:
I recommend a dump.
TBH, I think this is just D's humor. I have complained to no end about almost everything to him for 5 years.. his first response is just always to get a laugh out of me with something ridiculous.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Life At Zen

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:41 pm

But, uh, here's the thing... He's right. You need to either have a bowel movement or take something to help express the gas. I get awful gas cramps that leave me curled in a ball, too. Best thing to happen to me at that point is SOMETHING coming out the other end lol.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
Ballerina

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Sounds like the same kind of colic pain I get with kidney stone attacks. Nothing orally touches the pain. Dilaudid IV pretty much does the trick, but not for long if I don't pass the sucker.
Barnfour

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
TBH, I think this is just D's humor. I have complained to no end about almost everything to him for 5 years.. his first response is just always to get a laugh out of me with something ridiculous.
You're a heck of a hypocrite Sombul.Had I initially made the dump remark,you would have been chastising me left and right..as IG45 did to your boyfriend.But the dump comment was just " 'D's humor"~according to miss high and mighty~
“The heaviest penalty for declining to the rule is to be ruled by someone inferior to yourself.”
― Plato, The Republic
Somnambulist

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Barnfour wrote: You're a heck of a hypocrite Sombul.Had I initially made the dump remark,you would have been chastising me left and right..as IG45 did to your boyfriend.But the dump comment was just " 'D's humor"~according to miss high and mighty~
Poor baby.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
TapitsGal

Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:54 pm

I just got home from the hospital last night.I was admitted thru the ER by my general surgeon on Thursday morning and ended up as an add on the next day.turns out I had adhesions in there from an appendectomy a year ago.those are now taken care of and hopefully I don't go through that again it was horribly painful
ElPrado2

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:05 am

And no, all you lousy Drs, it was not gas. I have had 2 operations from adhesions myself, from a fall from a horse that damaged a kidney and everything on one side. I was black as coal all down my left side when it happened. Adhesions can cause terrible pain. I still get kidney stones only on that side. They still have to fish stones out of me when they return.
Some dumbass thought he was flirting with me when he snuck up behind me with a truck and blew the horn at the rear end of a very green 2 year old.
Ever see a horse do the 4 legged splits :?: I was on top of one.
Life At Zen

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:40 am

ElPrado2 wrote:And no, all you lousy Drs, it was not gas. I have had 2 operations from adhesions myself, from a fall from a horse that damaged a kidney and everything on one side. I was black as coal all down my left side when it happened. Adhesions can cause terrible pain. I still get kidney stones only on that side. They still have to fish stones out of me when they return.
Some dumbass thought he was flirting with me when he snuck up behind me with a truck and blew the horn at the rear end of a very green 2 year old.
Ever see a horse do the 4 legged splits :?: I was on top of one.
Considering emerg told her she had retained gas and gave pain meds for it, and her other tests were clear, gas was the obvious answer. She wanted advice. We can't do much else other than give our opinions based on the information provided to us.

Clearly they did more tests and discovered it was something else. We don't have that ability. Don't ask questions here if you are expecting a true medical diagnosis.
A R R O G A T E
Paradise Woods, Lady Eli, Songbird, Ziconic
Gormley, Royal Mo, Shaman Ghost, Constellation

Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch
ElPrado2

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:51 am

:P